Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Clinking Noise when I Charge my Ar with New Forend

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Both of my Troy tube rails (11" & 13") sounded like tuning forks when I installed them. They both stopped after some time, don't know why but they did.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hookuleez View Post
    How much space is there between the gas block and the inside of the rail? Is it possible that they are hitting each other?
    The block and the rail aren't touching and they are both very solid, so I don't think it's probably that.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankMonkey View Post
    Both of my Troy tube rails (11" & 13") sounded like tuning forks when I installed them. They both stopped after some time, don't know why but they did.
    I'm glad it's happening to others. (Sorry, but it makes me feel better)

I believe that Thopkins posted something similar, it doesn't make sense why it would just go away though??

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverCat View Post
    I believe that Thopkins posted something similar, it doesn't make sense why it would just go away though??
    It's to condition you to grip that thing like Costa to deaden the ping!

Once you catch on, it goes away.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    I guess your other option is to strip the weapon down and look for any wear marks.
    Give Me the Eyes of an Eagle.The Courage of a Lion and the Balls of a Combat Helicopter Pilot. ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Feedback Score
    I've thought of that. It seems as though if a noise suddenly just stopped, that it would be the result of wear. I really don't need that.

Also, is the rail supposed to be 100% flush with the receiver, or can there be an extremely small amount of space??

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12