Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 5.45x39 7N6 is now Banned from Import.

Feedback Score

5.45x39 7N6 is now Banned from Import.

JBI armory produce a 5.45x39 Pistol a pawn request which now under the law makes 5.45x39 a armor piercing round and is now banned from import by the ATF. So feel free to say thanks to these idiots that just cost AK shooters cheap pinking ammo. https://www.facebook.com/jbi.armory
    http://www.akfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=129763

Ak Operators Union, Local 47-74 made a recorded call to the ATF, feel free to listen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zDFXe5kMWQ
    Published on Mar 29, 2014

Here's a recorded telephone conversation with a representative of the ATF regarding the import ban of 5.45x39 7N6 (surplus). Listen to the phone call.

"Copes Distributing has confirmed that the ATF has in fact shut off the import of 5.45×39 surplus ammo. From a post they made on AR15.com:

Confirmed from the IMPORT BRANCH of the BATFE…Just got off the phone with them….Exact words No more Imports of 5.45×39 Ammo……. Don’t hate me as we are OUT OF STOCK ALREADY….. Just delivering the message…"
    Last edited by zack991; 03-30-14 at 10:31.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Don't get me wrong, I do not agree with these retards at JBI armory. On the other hand, does anyone think that maybe it's not OK for the ATF to be able to ban whatever the hell they want by the stroke of a pen? Is that all it takes?
    Power is in tearing human minds to pieces and putting them together again in new shapes of your own choosing. George Orwell, 1984

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Rekkr870 View Post
    Don't get me wrong, I do not agree with these retards at JBI armory. On the other hand, does anyone think that maybe it's not OK for the ATF to be able to ban whatever the hell they want by the stroke of a pen? Is that all it takes?
    Agreed the ATF hopefully will be challenged, yet it is truly a spit in the face from company's like them on gun owners who depend on affordable ammo to train with is now gone. People are extremely upset and right full so, not right on making threats but that company has just killed it for a ton of people who could actually afford to go to a rifle class, much less their ability to go to the range and have fun without worrying about did they just shoot a weeks pay worth of ammo. They damn well knew this was going to happen, they are not the only one who have built a 5.45x39 Pistol. Others kept it quiet so the ATF would not hit it with the ban hammer. The owner is even cracking jokes about it as if what they did was no big deal, in a economy where people are just getting by, this will hurt those gun owners the most. I depended on that cheap ammo to afford a rifle class that take 1,000-1500 rounds. Domestic ammo cost almost double what 7N6 did. 197 plus shipping for Hornady for 500 or it was 160 shipped for 1K of 7N6 or 2K for 325 shipped. There was a huge reason NOT one of the respected AK builders would never consider or even put one together a pistol AK chamber in 5.45x39.
    Last edited by zack991; 03-30-14 at 08:40.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Yeah they are complete idiots. It's a shame that we have to hide anything because we might have any (insert alphabet soup name here) agency kicking our doors in or banning shit over night. If this pans out to be true, JBI armory ruined it for a lot of people. Let's not forget the bigger picture though.
    Power is in tearing human minds to pieces and putting them together again in new shapes of your own choosing. George Orwell, 1984

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Count me as one of those people it has really hurt. I have zero income at the moment, and I was wanting to get cans once I started working so I could get back out and shoot cheaply while I got my financial situation better. Thanks to these retards and the lords of the BATF reloading .223 has now become cheaper.

Hopefully AIM and the rest will sue JBI, or better the BATF, and get this overturned. This is going to hurt the ammo market due to a cheap supply of a an alternate source of ammo being ripped off the market.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

SPORTS are for Kids!...click*

Feedback Score
    Yeah they are complete idiots. It's a shame that we have to hide anything because we might have any (insert alphabet soup name here) agency kicking our doors in or banning shit over night. If this pans out to be true, JBI armory ruined it for a lot of people. Let's not forget the bigger picture though.
    Ak Operators Union, Local 47-74 made a recorded call to the ATF, feel free to listen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zDFXe5kMWQ
    Published on Mar 29, 2014

Here's a recorded telephone conversation with a representative of the ATF regarding the import ban of 5.45x39 7N6 (surplus). Listen to the phone call.
    Last edited by zack991; 03-30-14 at 09:46.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mauser KAR98K View Post

Hopefully AIM and the rest will sue JBI, or better the BATF, and get this overturned.
    Nothing was able to overturn the 7.62x39 import ban when guess what caused that, another idiot company built a AK pistol.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Well it sounds as if she's 100% sure. I figured as much. Tightening the screw and all that.

So, what's next?

Feedback Score
    Well it sounds as if she's 100% sure. I figured as much. Tightening the screw and all that.

So, what's next?
    Pray more American company's to start producing. The very cheap 7N6 prices almost made it a for sure thing no one could make money to produce it here. Try to scale back the ATF authority or abolish them all together.
    Last edited by zack991; 03-30-14 at 09:03.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I don't see domestic manufacturing of this round and keeping it cheaper than 5.56 and able to buy in bulk. I wager more 7n6 were bought in bulk than 5.56 in the past. This is going to hurt those who were wanting to take classes but had a tight budget. This will also hurt the ammo market.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

SPORTS are for Kids!...click*

Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast