Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920

Thread: 5.45x39 7N6 is now Banned from Import.

Feedback Score
    If Russia invades Ukraine I would expect more Russian goods will be sanctioned. This could be the tip of the iceberg.

Feedback Score
    I was reading an article on The Military Arms Channel website, thebangswitch.com, and they said a 7.62x54R pistol already exists in the US - and they posted a link to it (a company called Black Horse Arsenal). You know if they went after the 7N6, and the fact that our president just requested over a billion dollars for more gun control, they are going to go after it. I mean they banned the 7N6 based on a "pistol" that was never even imported into the US in the first place, imagine what they will do with one already here. This just keeps getting worse and worse, horrible. If Congress falls to the Democrats this November, and all three branches are Democrat controlled especially with a lame duck President with no re-election to worry about, they will go all out on the 2nd Amendment with nobody to stop them. Anyway, here is the link about the pistol from the MAC website if you want to check it out:

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/201...-ammo-imports/

https://www.thebangswitch.com/bye-bye-7n6/

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    You're being over-dramatic. Gun people shooting themselves in the foot. Now that's just crazy talk.

Quote Originally Posted by scottryan View Post
    Just because something is legal at the time, doesn’t mean it is a smart, moral, ethical, or professional thing to do.

Examples:

1. A certain individual was “remaking” transferable MAC-10s into M1919s, M240s, and M60s using the MACs serial number lifted to the receiver of the new gun. He was caught.

The result: NFA forms have to match exactly the configuration of your gun or else the transfer will be rejected with a correction letter. This is to prevent the gun from morphing into something it isn’t. Another result is the belt fed conversion for MACs was also banned. This is also why you can’t use a FNC sear in a SCAR.

2. Somebody made a pistol in 7.62x39

The result: Steel core ammo in this chambering is now banned from import

3. Some “industry professionals” were remaking each other silencers in a personal feud.

The result: Silencers can no longer be remanufactured without paying a new transfer tax.

4. Olympic arms was remaking PAWS converted Olympic M16 lowers. Olympic was not the manufacture of the MG.

The result: You can no longer have a transferable gun remade, even by the OEM. Those modern Colts floating around on the market with a pre 1986 serial number cannot exist anymore.

5. Idiots running around with post 2005 imported Benelli and Saiga shotguns that are not compliant with the import ban.

The result: We now have an ATF 2011 shotgun study that seeks to ban these guns completely. Why does an Izhmash 8 round shotgun mag cost so much? Think about it?

6. Idiots made an AK pistol in 5.45.

The result: 7n6 ammo is banned from import.

7. NFATCA engages the ATF about CLEO signature.

The result: Now we are about to have CLEO signature on every NFA transfer type.

In every one of these cases, people stirred the shit pot doing unethical, stupid, or unprofessional activity and gave the ATF an excuse to ban something. I have provided 7 high profile examples of this from the past 20 years.

We are not on the same level of pedestal as the ATF. They hold all the power. Some of our people think they are engaged in a “gentleman’s discourse” with the ATF. We are not.

They don’t care. They don’t have to answer to us. It is their job to “find” things or activity to ban. That is how they justify their jobs and authority.

Some people just cannot grasp this. Some people defend idiot gun owners and manufactures to the death, even if it means putting our rights in jeopardy. Even if it means losing our rights to prove some theoretical political point.

Some people just don’t have the smarts to lay low or not attract unwanted attention.

People that stir the shit with the ATF are not a friend to our gun rights. They are not any different than neo-nazis at a gun show with the news TV station camera on them. They are not helping our cause. They are not any different than some idiot who leaves a gun in his car unattended; then that gun is stolen and used in a murder. Sons of Guns is not on our side. They are the fat of the gun world; and they need to be trimmed.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Lomotil View Post
    I'm a huge fan of that caliber, and to see that done to a historic firearm (I don't care how long ago it was done) just makes me cringe. Yes - a piece of history, and necessity is often said to be the M-F'er of invention, but I can't deny my gut feeling.
    That particular gun is only worth anything because it was modified into an Obrez. If it wasn't cut, it would just be another $100 M91.
    Dogma is failure - Ken Hackathorn

Only performance counts - Paul Sharp

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Cane55's post with this letter:
    http://www.nraila.org/media/12138422...-_4-9-2014.pdf
    ....awesome. Guys, make sure you read this. We need to thank these guys and encourage other politicos to think this way.

If "nobuddy sez nuthin'", the sky's the limit as to what we let them take from us.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Lightbulb

30 March 2011

During the meeting, President Obama dropped in and, according to Sarah Brady, brought up the issue of gun control, "to fill us in that it was very much on his agenda," she said.

"I just want you to know that we are working on it," Brady recalled the president telling them. "We have to go through a few processes, but under the radar."
    http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...radar-nra-say/

09 April 2014

Obama Requests $1.1 Billion for Gun Control

According to The Washington Beacon, Obama's $1.1 billion "[includes] $182 million to support the president's 'Now is the Time' gun safety initiative."

"Now is the Time" includes the following:

1. Require background checks for all gun sales.
    2. Strengthen the background check system for gun sales.
    3. Pass a new, stronger ban on assault weapons.
    4. Limit ammunition magazines to 10 rounds.
    5. Finish the job of getting armor-piercing bullets off the streets
    6. Give law enforcement additional tools to prevent and prosecute gun crime
    7. End the freeze on gun violence research
    8. Make our schools safer with new resource officers and counselors, better emergency response plans, and more nurturing school climates.
    9. Ensure quality coverage of mental health treatment, particularly for young people.
    http://nation.foxnews.com/2014/04/09...on-gun-control
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Trajan View Post
    That particular gun is only worth anything because it was modified into an Obrez. If it wasn't cut, it would just be another $100 M91.
    Again, a tool created out of necessity, but I sure as Hell wouldn't want to be holding that thing when the trigger is pulled, would you?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    ἰδέτωσαν, ἱστορησάτωσαν οἱ ἄνθρωποι ἄνθρωπον ἀληθινὸν κατὰ φύσινζῶντα.

Videant, cognoverunt hominis hominem verum secundum naturam suam viventem.

Let men see, let them know, a real man, who lives as he was meant to live.
    - Marcus Aurelius

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by scottryan View Post
    [SIZE=4]Just because something is legal at the time, doesn’t mean it is a smart, moral, ethical, or professional thing to do.

Examples:

1. A certain individual was “remaking” transferable MAC-10s into M1919s, M240s, and M60s using the MACs serial number lifted to the receiver of the new gun. He was caught.

The result: NFA forms have to match exactly the configuration of your gun or else the transfer will be rejected with a correction letter. This is to prevent the gun from morphing into something it isn’t. Another result is the belt fed conversion for MACs was also banned. This is also why you can’t use a FNC sear in a SCAR.

2. Somebody made a pistol in 7.62x39

The result: Steel core ammo in this chambering is now banned from import

3. Some “industry professionals” were remaking each other silencers in a personal feud.

The result: Silencers can no longer be remanufactured without paying a new transfer tax.

4. Olympic arms was remaking PAWS converted Olympic M16 lowers. Olympic was not the manufacture of the MG.

The result: You can no longer have a transferable gun remade, even by the OEM. Those modern Colts floating around on the market with a pre 1986 serial number cannot exist anymore.

5. Idiots running around with post 2005 imported Benelli and Saiga shotguns that are not compliant with the import ban.

The result: We now have an ATF 2011 shotgun study that seeks to ban these guns completely. Why does an Izhmash 8 round shotgun mag cost so much? Think about it?

6. Idiots made an AK pistol in 5.45.

The result: 7n6 ammo is banned from import.

7. NFATCA engages the ATF about CLEO signature.

The result: Now we are about to have CLEO signature on every NFA transfer type.
    All of the above sounds to me like we need to get Congress to curtail the power of the ATF so they can't just ban whatever they want whenever they want because they want to. WTF do we allow some agency to get away with unlimited power?
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things with insane laws...it's...insane!" -- Penn Jillette

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by yellowfin View Post
    All of the above sounds to me like we need to get Congress to curtail the power of the ATF so they can't just ban whatever they want whenever they want because they want to. WTF do we allow some agency to get away with unlimited power?
    Not to mention their disgusting shennanigans. The gun running, the mentally disabled people they entrapped. And the purchasing scandal with the cigarettes that went missing/unaccounted for. Talk about a shit hole agency completely OUT of control.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920