Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: 5.45x39 7N6 is now Banned from Import.

Feedback Score
    33 (97%)
    so why has it just been banned now?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    This might sound stupid...but I can't help but wonder if the fact a 5.45 krink pistol has been seen in the last several recent episodes of "The Walking Dead" helped get them on the BATF's radar of late...

Really, I blame the BATF first and foremost, but you know what, I DO blame the makers of the pistols as well, and I gather there are more than just this JBI out there.
    If you lived in a totalitarian country and spent your time hiding out from the regime, obviously they would be your main enemy and deserve the lion's share of the scorn.....but also deserving some hate is the bumbling idiot among you who in an effort to make a buck, manages to attract the secret police to your hideout.

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by zack991 View Post
    You can still get 5.45x39 just not the surplus ammo 7N6.
    Yeah, but considering the whole point would have been to get into something cheaper to shoot than ARs, that 7n6 sure was priced right.
    "Once we get some iron in our souls, we'll get some iron in our hands..."

"...A rapid, aggressive response will let you get away with some pretty audacious things if you are willing to be mean, fast, and naked."-Failure2Stop

"The Right can meme; the Left can organize. I guess now we know which one is important." - Random internet comment

Feedback Score
    You can kiss the 7n6 goodbye IMO. Like the Chinese steel cores in '94. Olympic Arms Redux

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it" George Santayana

And yet We keep sending the same bunch of losers, thieves, and morons back to DC every 2,4 and 6 years. It boggles the mind. Term limits and bans from lobbying for life after terms might help.
    The Second Amendment is a doomsday provision, one designed for those exceptionally rare circumstances where all other rights have failed – where the government refuses to stand for re-election and silences those who protest; where courts have lost the courage to oppose, or can find no one to enforce their decrees. However improbable these contingencies may seem today, facing them unprepared is a mistake a free people get to make only once.

Member:VCDL,GOA,NRA,NSSF,Oathkeepers

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by black22rifle View Post
    so why has it just been banned now?
    This is my question, as well. 5.45x39 "pistol" builds have been around for quite some time.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Been following this ever since the rumor mill churned out Russian import bans due to sanctions.

I'm glad I did what I could as far as getting Crates stacked but I literally just finished an AR in 5.45 last week and am now feeling like I should've just bought more 5.56.
    Last edited by Ouroborous; 04-12-14 at 18:20.
    ἰδέτωσαν, ἱστορησάτωσαν οἱ ἄνθρωποι ἄνθρωπον ἀληθινὸν κατὰ φύσινζῶντα.

Videant, cognoverunt hominis hominem verum secundum naturam suam viventem.

Let men see, let them know, a real man, who lives as he was meant to live.
    - Marcus Aurelius

Feedback Score
    33 (97%)
    I dont think its right to blame it on them. AK pistols in 5.45 have been around at least a year and all of sudden the ATF wants to ban it? Blame the ATF Idiots.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by black22rifle View Post
    I dont think its right to blame it on them. AK pistols in 5.45 have been around at least a year and all of sudden the ATF wants to ban it? Blame the ATF Idiots.
    Well maybe, maybe not but it gave them an excuse to hide behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Ouroborous View Post
    Been following this ever since the rumor mill churned out Russian import bans due to sanctions.

I'm glad I did what I could as far as getting Crates stacked but I literally just finished an AR in 5.45 last week and am now feeling like I should've just bought more 5.56.

Thanks JBI you fuking Douchebags!
    That is what I was feeling as well, yet the other commercial ammo for my AK74 is still cheaper than 5.56.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by zack991 View Post
    That is what I was feeling as well, yet the other commercial ammo for my AK74 is still cheaper than 5.56.
    The difference right now, from what I can tell, is about a $0.01 a round. Of course, over 1,000 rounds, that adds up to over $10.00 in savings. So I guess all is not lost, yet. I may as well continue shooting it until the price spikes even more or I shoot out the barrel.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by justin_247 View Post
    The difference right now, from what I can tell, is about a $0.01 a round. Of course, over 1,000 rounds, that adds up to over $10.00 in savings. So I guess all is not lost, yet. I may as well continue shooting it until the price spikes even more or I shoot out the barrel.
    Well over all the 5.45x39 is a better round in my opine. Flys flatter, shoots softer and does well in a SBR without loosing a lot of speed like the 5.56 does. The price was great for the time it lasted. I hope it gets overturned.

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast