Thread: How to remove handguard triangle cap without removing FSB?

Feedback Score

How to remove handguard triangle cap without removing FSB?

Is there a way to remove the end cap without removing the FSB?

Wondering about installing a centurion mid length cutout and it looks like that end cap has to come off.

Any info / help appreciated

Thank you

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Use a dremel or metal sheers to cut around the outside towards the center. Then vie grips to twist and rip it off, leaving the FSB untouched. I've done this 5 times now, and pretty much have it down in under 10 minutes.
    - Firearms Instructor - M16/M4/AR15 Certified Armorer - Certified Glock Armorer -

Feedback Score
    4 (83%)
    Excellent... can't wait to try this.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    [QUOTE=Wondering about installing a centurion mid length cutout and it looks like that end cap has to come off. [/QUOTE]

Yes the handguard retaining cap must come off to use the C4 rails. You can install the rail without removing the FSB pins and moving the FSB forward.

Step 6. From the Centurion Arms C4 Rail Installation Instructions.
    "Remove the handguard retaining cap. The recommended method is to cut the cap using a Dremel or similar cutting wheel, cutting into the area where the gas tube passes through. This is best accomplished by rotating the handguard cap until the gas tube hole is at the bottom of the barrel near the sling swivel attachment point."

If you PM me an email address I can email you the complete instructions in the original PDF file form. I saved this from the Centurion Arms web site. Their site is down now so you can't access the instructions.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    As Berserker said, you can use a dremel to get it started and tin snips to finish cutting it off.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sf3pox1 View Post
    Use a dremel or metal sheers to cut around the outside towards the center. Then vie grips to twist and rip it off, leaving the FSB untouched. I've done this 5 times now, and pretty much have it down in under 10 minutes.
    I did this once, worked well.