Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Keeping BUIS always Up

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Don't worry about it. Flip'm up when shooting and flip'm when putting it in the case. If they break, it's time to replace them anyway
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    37 (100%)
    I think you may be right wolf. I also got my MI ERS rear on my new Stag model 2 (came on the rifle from factory) so I believe the rear sight should be warranted for life!

Feedback Score
    if you keep them up all the time why not get fixed sights instead?

keeping flip up sights up all the time just seems like the worst of both worlds

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    You did see the part where 45'sand38's already has the flip up sights?
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    You did see the part where 45'sand38's already has the flip up sights?
    No, I got that, but flip up iron sights aren't exactly the most durable things out there and you could probably sell a set of flip ups then buy a set of fixed while having money left over.

Feedback Score
    37 (100%)
    I like the ruggedness of the Fixed rear sights, but I like the look of flip ups more. Also, when I do plan on going optic again, I can choose to flip down my rear sight for much faster target aquisition. For now I think the flip up rear will stay, MI told me to flip it up as many times as I like & if I ever have a problem, send it in! Great Customer service! Gonna flip it up & down a bunch more & hope for the best
    in the years to come!

teutonic the front is fixed so I could easily sell the flip up rear for a Fixed rear, If I ever decide thats what I want to do
    Last edited by .45's and .38's; 04-06-14 at 02:31.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jwperry View Post
    I keep my flip up sights up all the time, seeing the red dot through the aperture helps tame my astigmatism.
    ... Why not just use a front sight post if you're going to be using the rear aperture?
    "I never learned from a man who agreed with me." Robert A. Heinlein

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I flip mine up and down all of the time. Magpul buis.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by .45's and .38's View Post
    I like the ruggedness of the Fixed rear sights, but I like the look of flip ups more. Also, when I do plan on going irons again, I can choose to flip down my rear sight for much faster target aquisition.
    A few things about the above...I'll leave the rest of that paragraph alone.

1. Do what you want, and if looks are more important to you than by all means carry on. But you're sacrificing performance for looks here, which some people have a hard time taking seriously.

2. I cannot understand what you mean by faster target acquisition? If you mean the speed with which you can point the weapon at something without using your sights, then I guess you're right...but that's not really target acquisition. And you could just as easily wing it with the sights flipped up as down if you aren't using the sights at all.
    Team Medic, Task Force Zangaro
    "The Cat's Originals"

Feedback Score
    37 (100%)
    yep I messed that sentence up, didn't catch it.

I like having the option to flip down my rear sight when I want, over having a fixed rear, but I also want a flip up that will stand up to the abuse, not paying 100 bucks for a rear sight that will brake after hard flip up use. When I do shoot optics, I can aim the weapon & see my targets a lot easier than if I were focusing on absolute co witness & the red dot. I like having the dot on the front post & that's it when shooting red dot, rear sight down. Spoke with MI customer service & was assured the flip up sight will last many, many years, they also answered a few other questions on it....great customer service

for now Im sticking with the MI because I also have the MI Gen 2 drop in quad
    Last edited by .45's and .38's; 04-06-14 at 02:34.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast