Thread: Sticking Firing Pin

Feedback Score

Sticking Firing Pin

After the first time I went out to shoot my new 6.8 I noticed that the firing pin was a little sticky just as it went through the hole in the bolt. It would not jam in but it had enough resistance to hold it and would not just drop out. After a thorough cleaning it still stuck so I went ahead and bought a new firing pin which then moved freely in and out of the bolt. Went shooting today and I'll be darned if the new pin is now sticking. I cannot pickup any issues by looking at the spent cases which is factory Hornady 110gr Vmax.

This upper was built with all Stag parts, and Stag has already replaced the BC for being out of spec, so could the bolt also be out of spec causing the pin to stick after firing? The gun itself shoots fantastic. The only issue I ever had with it was being over gassed which was solved with an adjustable gas block.

Feedback Score
    The Second Amendment is a doomsday provision, one designed for those exceptionally rare circumstances where all other rights have failed – where the government refuses to stand for re-election and silences those who protest; where courts have lost the courage to oppose, or can find no one to enforce their decrees. However improbable these contingencies may seem today, facing them unprepared is a mistake a free people get to make only once.

Member:VCDL,GOA,NRA,NSSF,Oathkeepers

Feedback Score
    Thanks.

I rolled the firing pin on a flat surface this morning and it is bent, same with the old one. I swapped in a FP from another AR and it is fine. Need to figure out why they are bending.