Thread: does anyone have the email to cancel a form 1?

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

does anyone have the email to cancel a form 1?

I need to cancel a form 1 I submitted with eforms as they dont allow corrections and when I call the atf branch they direct me to the website which is slightly more useless than the actual eform website.Theres 300 different links and none of them are very specific and the lady on the phone diddnt offer much guidance

I googled this and came up with nothing

Feedback Score
    Fairly certain you can use the Ask the Experts tab in EForms. Plus, that way they'll know it came from the same source as the F1.

NFA@atf.gov may also work. Phone should've been fine, if you called the same number you call to check status. They may just want it all in writing now.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigWaylon View Post
    Fairly certain you can use the Ask the Experts tab in EForms. Plus, that way they'll know it came from the same source as the F1.

NFA@atf.gov may also work. Phone should've been fine, if you called the same number you call to check status. They may just want it all in writing now.
    I ended up using that email,I'm gonna assume it'll be denied or approved before they actually read it lol

Feedback Score
    I had a pending Form 1 I had filed.
    Later on I changed my mind and wanted to efile the same paperwork because I just learned efiling was taking a lot less time. I called them and asked if they would cancel it for me so I could efile the same paperwork.
    I was told I could go ahead and efile and not wait for the cancellation. They told me they would mark my serial number in their system and when it moved up to the front of the line to be processed, they would cancel it and refund my $200.00

It took about a month before I was contacted and told my application just showed up on NFRTR and they had instructed the examiner to cancel it. It was a simple process and handled very professionally. Best part of it is, I didn't have to wait another month or so for the cancellation before I could efile a form 1 for the same SBR using the same serial number.

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AErcen View Post
    I had a pending Form 1 I had filed.
    Later on I changed my mind and wanted to efile the same paperwork because I just learned efiling was taking a lot less time. I called them and asked if they would cancel it for me so I could efile the same paperwork.
    I was told I could go ahead and efile and not wait for the cancellation. They told me they would mark my serial number in their system and when it moved up to the front of the line to be processed, they would cancel it and refund my $200.00

It took about a month before I was contacted and told my application just showed up on NFRTR and they had instructed the examiner to cancel it. It was a simple process and handled very professionally. Best part of it is, I didn't have to wait another month or so for the cancellation before I could efile a form 1 for the same SBR using the same serial number.
    Funny how no-one has the same story from them. I called about cancelling a form 1 I mailed as an individual by mail so I could efile and have it placed on my new trust. (Made after I mailed the form 1.)

The lady said I would have to write a letter, then wait for the cancellation letter to come back to me to efile for the same gun. I just left it alone, and will transfer the gun onto my trust at a later date once I get the stamp.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    well what I did was contact the atf@nfa.gov email and then used the ask the experts feature with the same email and mine was cancelled the next day and was told Id have my money back within a week.

ask the experts actually answered me that night(much faster than the nfa email)