Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Glock ejection and brass to the face

Feedback Score
    Apex has helped my previous gens with brass to face. The new gen 5 has totally eliminated the problem for me.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WARRIOR45 View Post
    Apex has helped my previous gens with brass to face. The new gen 5 has totally eliminated the problem for me.
    Same here,except I had a Gen 5, G19, that still threw brass at me every once in a while, and had erratic ejection, the Gen4 G19 I had with a Apex extractor did better. I did finally manage to get a G19 that ejects all the cases to the right like it’s supposed to, (after going through 7 G19’s over the last 8 years or so ) It’s a early Gen 3 G19, calling Glock and asking, they told me it was made in September 1999, It had just came into the shop, and after a little haggling, I test fired it at the indoor range, and gave them $300, It came with two 10rnd mags and the old style Tupperware box, cleaning kit papers etc, looks practically new, it’s a keeper. I now have this, and a G17 that work like they’re supposed to...I’m swearing off of buying any more Glocks..I seem to have bad luck with them, and ejection issues.
    Last edited by ralph; 10-26-19 at 20:29.
    There's a race of men who don't fit in, A race that can't stay still, So, they break the hearts of kith and kin, and roam the world at will..

Feedback Score
    I have a gen 3 17L that has the BTF problem. To make a long story short, I went from a 336 ejector, to 32074 ejector with a apex gen 3 "extractor kit". I was still having a problem. So I tried a apex gen 4 extractor with a 47021 ejector and finally solved my problem. I hope this information can be of help to someone else with the problem.
    Last edited by zag; 11-03-19 at 09:06.

Feedback Score
    Post 53, that was a lot of trial & error + shooting. You're very patient.
    What I found annoying is Apex Tactical not including the non-LCI spring-loaded-bearing in its extractor kit. Now that I got Brownell's annual 2-day shipping deal, it's now not so bad, but when I tried the Apex Tac. extractor (FRE, Failure Resistant Extractor), it was just a pain-in-the-butt, but I'm not as patient as others.

The Apex Tac. extractor didn't quite work correctly (Gen3 version) in my G17gen3, causing spent casings to be pulled above the ejector, but the "FRE" at least worked ok in a G34gen3 I had. My G34gen3 didn't have the brass-to-face problem, though. I ended up selling the G34gen3 later and the FRE fractured with its new owner. I think the new owner bought another FRE even though that specific gun didn't actually need it. Overall, for me, the FRE was a waste of time & money. The 30274 ejector was the best cure for my specific G17gen3 and I sold it off with that ejector. This was prior to the 47021 ejector coming out and I don't know if Glock's newest ejector would have done anything differently.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456