Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock ejection and brass to the face

Feedback Score

Glock ejection and brass to the face

How can you explain one Glock doing it with singular shooter, another Glock not? Same ammunition?

Then simply replacing parts, the problem goes away?

Competent shooters with 100s of ours of training and tens of thousands of rounds a year down range...quality Speer Lawmen ammunition. Yes, more competent than the majority of LE.

I’m not saying your experience isn’t valid, but Glock made tons of shit pistols in the 2010-2011 time range. Call out my fundamentals all you want, but I’m certain I’d give you a run for your money on the range.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by lsllc; 10-18-19 at 18:04.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    Hi guys!

Now, I'm going to go out on the sandiest road I can find, snuggle my PSA mid-length M4ish clone into the sand and run over it with my Dodge Ram.
    This is amazing. My job here is done.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by lsllc View Post
    How can you explain one Glock doing it with singular shooter, another Glock not? Same ammunition?

Then simply replacing parts, the problem goes away?

Competent shooters with 100s of ours of training and tens of thousands of rounds a year down range...quality Speer Lawmen ammunition. Yes, more competent than the majority of LE.

I’m not saying your experience isn’t valid, but Glock made tons of shit pistols in the 2010-2011 time range. Call out my fundamentals all you want, but I’m certain I’d give you a run for your money on the range.

Just reporting what my experience has been. Pat Rogers didn't like my stance, either.

If you read my edit, you'll see that I also noted that during the armorers service done on our basic class firearms, upgrades were usually done. I conceded that might be one reason.

Send me a 336 ejector and I'll test it with my powder puff 115's, which barely dribble out of the ejection port, then with my hotter 124's, oh wait, no need that is all my 17's and 19's have in them. I'm random on LCI extractors, but proper bushings in all.

I also don't shoot left or right (I'm a lefty) with Glocks - know where to place the trigger finger on the trigger. We used sharpies to mark that place and, when we got the shooter into a proper grip, to trace the location of the support thumb. Easy for the coach to see if the shooter is getting every thing in place during first range days. Very, very rarely had to use the sight pusher.

Why don't we just chalk this up to me being a BTF atheist, and you being a person of faith. No need to get heated, as if over religion.

Plus, I didn't start the thread, did I? Or reactivate it after it was dormant for five years.
    Last edited by 26 Inf; 10-18-19 at 19:39.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    All my 336 ejectors are in use. I had just one gun that wouldn’t run with one and it was replaced with a 32074 or whatever the number. It an an Apex and spring took care of it. That 336 went in the trash so I wouldn’t accidentally use it as a replacement in one of the other guns at some point.

All my other Glocks would shoot the softest competition loads or the hot stuff.

Weird. I guess my fundamentals sucked with that particular Gen 4 G19, but my identical clone my fundamentals got better!

Glock changed. It was for an obvious reason.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by lsllc View Post
    All my 336 ejectors are in use. I had just one gun that wouldn’t run with one and it was replaced with a 32074 or whatever the number. It an an Apex and spring took care of it. That 336 went in the trash so I wouldn’t accidentally use it as a replacement in one of the other guns at some point.

All my other Glocks would shoot the softest competition loads or the hot stuff.

Weird. I guess my fundamentals sucked with that particular Gen 4 G19, but my identical clone my fundamentals got better!

Glock changed. It was for an obvious reason.

I have three Gen 4 19's.. two have zero issues, the the third was BFF at an increasing rate after 1000 rounds. The Apex extractor, spring and 32074 ejector cure mine as well. I was a BFF denier until I got this particular Gen 4.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    My favorite was the dude at my range that claimed his glock 19 never had btf but he had the clear moon shape black mark on his forehead.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    I have experienced BTF from Glock pistols.

Saying that it's a matter of faith, that you're BTF-atheist because you've never seen it, is like saying that you're car accident atheist because you've never been in one.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MountainRaven View Post
    I have experienced BTF from Glock pistols.

Saying that it's a matter of faith, that you're BTF-atheist because you've never seen it, is like saying that you're car accident atheist because you've never been in one.
    What would you have me say?

I've explained my frame of reference, been fairly open-minded, IMO, in discussing why I may not have seen the phenomenon.

I'm not trying to convert anyone, or gather a band of anti-BTF nut huggers around me, how about we just quit and let everyone relish their experiences.
    Last edited by 26 Inf; 10-19-19 at 02:03.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I posted many years ago, around 2011/2012, about my then new-ish G17 giving btf for many many rounds. Bought a $12, shipping included, 32074 elector..hasnt happened again in years and thousands of rounds. It WAS a thing...not anymore.
    Last edited by Straight Shooter; 10-19-19 at 07:34.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AKDoug View Post
    I have three Gen 4 19's.. two have zero issues, the the third was BFF at an increasing rate after 1000 rounds. The Apex extractor, spring and 32074 ejector cure mine as well. I was a BFF denier until I got this particular Gen 4.
    And Ive always wondered why it DID get worse as round count increased. Up over a thousand it got worse the more you shot the gun.
    Any ideas why?
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast