Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Glock ejection and brass to the face

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    I recently got a January 2011 produced G19 Gen4 that has terrible BTF. I feel like I’ve had issues in the past every once in a while but this gun will put every single piece right into your nose. It’s ****ing annoying, and has created a flinch with every trigger pull.

Are the parts I need an Apex extractor, an Apex spring, and a 32074 ejector?

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bell View Post
    My favorite was the dude at my range that claimed his glock 19 never had btf but he had the clear moon shape black mark on his forehead.
    Were you shooting with 26 Inf? Lol

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    My experience mirrors that of 26 Inf. Most of the ammunition fired was .40 S&W; a semi-trailer load of .40 S&W would be expended in under 2 years. We trained a considerable number of people carrying Glock 9mm pistols and I've purchased 3 new Glock 9mm pistols for my own use since 2010. I still haven't seen the BTF issue in training classes or with experienced shooters shooting Glock 9mm.
    Train 2 Win

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    I recently got a January 2011 produced G19 Gen4 that has terrible BTF. I feel like I’ve had issues in the past every once in a while but this gun will put every single piece right into your nose. It’s ****ing annoying, and has created a flinch with every trigger pull.

I would replace one at a time starting with the ejector, then the extractor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    This old argument still rages? People do love their Glocks...more power to 'em. Me...? I was relieved to be rid of the piece of shit. In a world where meticulously crafted and highly functional handguns are everywhere, I don't have to saddle myself with one that was so defective for me and (obviously) so many others.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Just TRY the 32074 ejector first..I bet its all you need. Very cheap fix.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Why don't you send it to me and see if it does it with me holding onto it? That would seemingly solve the mystery once and for all.

Nah, I would have fixed him.

See, Boomers can shoot.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmac View Post
    This old argument still rages? People do love their Glocks...more power to 'em. Me...? I was relieved to be rid of the piece of shit. In a world where meticulously crafted and highly functional handguns are everywhere, I don't have to saddle myself with one that was so defective for me and (obviously) so many others.
    Our backgrounds are different. When I was in the Marines, if I wanted that pistol expert badge to match my rifle badge, I had to do it with a rattle trap 1911A1 out of the arms room, likewise at the PD, if I wanted to shoot master and get to go to firearms instructor school, I had to do it with the issued S&W Model 66 (which was a very nice revolver BTW) and when LE went to pistols, I first used the Smith 639, then the Glock, to mirror what most of our students were using.

I believe you'll find that most of the shooters who came up through LE, are used to shooting what they are issued, as is, and aren't as prone to chase platforms. That is not snark, that is just fact for many officers.

Personally, I thought it was important that my gear as an instructor mirrored the average student I was training, up until I retired 3 years ago I shot action pistol, production class, with a Glock 22 (converted to 9mm) out of a level three security holster.

I switched to an M&P 2.0 5in for action pistol, but when the 19X's came out decided that since I was also shooting GSSF matches I ought to shoot the 19X in action pistol. Having enough Glocks to shoot well (in my case OK) requires a bunch of different Glock models.

Different perspectives.

Why everyone gets upset that I haven't experienced or seen the issue of BTF during my career, I don't know. I'd like to think I know at least as much about the subject as the average bear.

I've allowed that perhaps it's because after Glock replaced the 336 ejector with the 30274 ejector, we upgraded student weapons, but, then again, we had a pretty good period of time with the 336 ejector before the 30274 came along. Likewise, Glock made some changes to the extractors along the way, going from the 98 extractor (90 degree non-LCI) to the 1895 extractor (15 degree LCI) and different spring loaded bearings. Again, we had several years with the 98 extractor, and certainly didn't recognize BTF was a problem.

At this point I don't know what to say, other than we need to let it go, apparently that is beyond Euro's ability, and I'm OCD.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    Nah, I would have fixed him.

See, Boomers can shoot.
    Most of the ones I shoot with at USPSA....well, my first match I was beating them. They all told me “slow down and get your hits!” First place in production but I only won because “I miss faster than they hit” but still had more alphas somehow.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by lsllc View Post
    Most of the ones I shoot with at USPSA....well, my first match I was beating them. They all told me “slow down and get your hits!” First place in production but I only won because “I miss faster than they hit” but still had more alphas somehow.
    You just aren't shooting with the right Boomers. Or, the glare from your hair gel and beard oil, was disorienting to them, and they were making side bets as to when you'd bust out of your skinny jeans, all of which might limit performance.

All I can say is beware of bald boomers with ponytails who are reliving their youth.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    You just aren't shooting with the right Boomers. Or, the glare from your hair gel and beard oil, was disorienting to them, and they were making side bets as to when you'd bust out of your skinny jeans, all of which might limit performance.

All I can say is beware of bald boomers with ponytails who are reliving their youth.
    I’m too old for skinny jeans and too bald for hair gel at this point

Been trying to get one boomer in general to come out. He was sponsored by a big name manufacturer in the 90s. He keeps telling me USPSA is just fast and inaccurate guys and my .6s draw is only because of my “race holster” (I shoot production division with a regular old kydex holster).

He also says unloading and showing clear will get me killed in dah streetz and doing 1.6s bill drills clean is training myself for a lawsuit.

Dudes a police instructor and competed with a fishing vest.

Boomers!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast