Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Glock ejection and brass to the face

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by lsllc View Post
    He keeps telling me USPSA is just fast and inaccurate guys and my .6s draw is only because of my “race holster” (I shoot production division with a regular old kydex holster).
    Is .6 from surrender, or hands at holster? The LE in me says from holster times should be from hands clasped in front of sternum or fingers up, palms out in front of sternum.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    Is .6 from surrender, or hands at holster? The LE in me says from holster times should be from hands clasped in front of sternum or fingers up, palms out in front of sternum.
    Honestly doesn’t make any difference. I can usually hit in the 0.65-0.7 from surrender and about 0.62-0.67 from hand relaxed at sides. Typically in a match I don’t go that fast and have a bad habit of over-conforming sight picture and end up 0.75ish when I get a chance to see the timers and depending on distance. Obviously a 25 yard partial is not the same degree of sight confirmation as a 3 yard open target. But the faster you get your gun out on sights, the faster you can shoot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    My USPA surrender position is mandated to be above shoulders so I use my thumbs to index at my cheek bone for support side and jawline for strong side palms out, to be specific. Learned that from Steve Anderson.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by lsllc View Post
    I’m too old for skinny jeans and too bald for hair gel at this point

Been trying to get one boomer in general to come out. He was sponsored by a big name manufacturer in the 90s. He keeps telling me USPSA is just fast and inaccurate guys and my .6s draw is only because of my “race holster” (I shoot production division with a regular old kydex holster).

He also says unloading and showing clear will get me killed in dah streetz and doing 1.6s bill drills clean is training myself for a lawsuit.

Dudes a police instructor and competed with a fishing vest.

Boomers!

I respectfully disagree with your friend. USPSA gives a LEO an opportunity to practice sight acquisition, trigger control and magazine changes under time. You as a LEO don't have to do everything that everyone you are shooting with does to shave tenths of seconds off their times. You may not place in the top 5, but you get in trigger time with your service pistol.

I shot a lot of matches with my duty rig with Level 3 holster and magazine pouches with snapped flaps. I shot factory 40 S&W ammunition that easily exceeded a power factor of 175. I believe it was a good opportunity to practice some of the fundamentals outside a police range and make new friends.
    Last edited by T2C; 10-20-19 at 20:13.
    Train 2 Win

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by T2C View Post
    I respectfully disagree with your friend. USPSA gives a LEO an opportunity to practice sight acquisition, trigger control and magazine changes under time. You as a LEO don't have to do everything that everyone you are shooting with does to shave tenths of seconds off their times. You may not place in the top 5, but you get in trigger time with your service pistol.

I shot a lot of matches with my duty rig with Level 3 holster and magazine pouches with snapped flaps. I shot factory 40 S&W ammunition that easily exceeded a power factor of 175. I believe it was a good opportunity to practice some of the fundamentals outside a police range and make new friends.

I agree with you 100%.

Making decisions and getting sight pictures under stress is a good thing.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    I recently got a January 2011 produced G19 Gen4 that has terrible BTF. I feel like I’ve had issues in the past every once in a while but this gun will put every single piece right into your nose. It’s ****ing annoying, and has created a flinch with every trigger pull.

Are the parts I need an Apex extractor, an Apex spring, and a 32074 ejector?

Were you shooting with 26 Inf? Lol
    Try the 47021 ejector.....before getting the Apex...

We miss you at Glocktalk....☺

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight Shooter View Post
    And Ive always wondered why it DID get worse as round count increased. Up over a thousand it got worse the more you shot the gun.
    Any ideas why?
    No clue. I fixed it and moved on. That slide assembly is sitting on top of a Shadow Systems MR918 lower now and it still has zero issues.

Feedback Score
    The problems do progressively get worse. It showed up in the first 100 rounds for me back in ‘10 when I bought it, but by 1,000 it was nearly every round no matter the ammo. It was around 2-3k when I learned about the fixes.

When I finally applied the fixes I never got BTF anymore. Ultimately, I sent that slide to ATEi because it was so reliable and I’ve put 30,000 rounds on it since. It’s been to several classes, USPSA, and daily carried for several years.

Feedback Score
    Apex extractors fixed my G26.3, G19.3 x2, and G19.4.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    They Apex extractor fixed my Glock 19 too. After which I got rid of the piece of shit like a hot potato.

Click on the image below for the video

Last edited by Hmac; 10-25-19 at 20:21.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast