Thread: More fun with Glocks: My G21 this time

Feedback Score

More fun with Glocks: My G21 this time

After the G23 experience, I started pondering "what condition is the innards of my G21 in?" I have had a couple bolt over base failures with this pistol before, so I assumed that a new spring kit was in order. Log-in to Brownells, order up a full replacement set of springs, three Wolff Magazine springs,and a few other fun things.

Arrived today. Open up the G21 and thankfully there was no odor Tear the pistol down and replace all of the springs as well as giving the pistol a fairly good cleaning.

Post installation observations with the caveat I only had a chance to function check test fire the pistol.

New Recoil spring is MUCH stiffer than the one I replaced it with. I could use my trigger finger hooked into the ejection port to run the action on the G21 with the old spring, heck I could pretty much hold the slide back until I got bored with doing so. New spring, I can pull the slide back far enough to cycle the action, but I have to shift my hand a bit on the grip in order to get enough leverage.

Trigger feels crisper, but scale says it is still averaging the same.

Extractor launched all 5 casings off to the side at pretty much the same place.

New magazine springs make downloading a Glock mag by one right easy to remember, as you have to put some ass into getting the last round in.

Posting this to remind folks to do PM on your blasters. I did some checking and found that I had not shot this pistol nearly as much as I had thought. 6-7k is all that it has been fired.
    Does this mean that your G21 will get flaky at 6,500? Dunno, check it $35 worth of springs every 4 years is pretty reasonable PM cost, IMHO.

Feedback Score
    Good info. Thanks.
    I typically monitor the length of the recoil guide spring to see if it is getting short (compared to brand new) and or replace it after 3000-4000 rounds.