Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Moving to Atlanta

Feedback Score

Moving to Atlanta

Hey everybody I'm moving down to your neck of the woods for work. I'm just looking for general info about the area or anything you might find helpful. I'll probably be living in either Peach Tree city or Fayetteville looking for a place with a garage and is pet friendly. I ride a dual sport bike and obviously like to shoot. I'm hoping to do some hog hunting.

I'm keeping my Oregon residency but would like to buy a rifle while I'm down there. Does Georgia allow out of staters to purchase long guns?

Sent from my clutch hand while riding a wheelie....
    Die living

Feedback Score
    If you live in fayetteville they have an indoor range, but Peachtree City is close so it's not a big deal. Newnan has an indoor range also so I would look there, and Newnan will be closer to the interstate if that is important to you. It's not a bad area overall just watch the cops in PC as they are especially vigilant.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Feedback Score
    What else is there to do around the area for fun?

Die living

Feedback Score
    Well Lake Horton is in Fayetteville if you like to fish. I've never been riding there but Culloden is about an hour away and has lots of ATV trails to ride. Atlanta has about anything you would want to do as far as city life goes. Peachtree City was actually a "planned" city and has golf cart paths throughout the entire city. You can get anywhere there on a golf cart, but be alert when school is getting out because it's like the Daytona 500. Good hunting just south of the area and you can usually find some decent price on land leases and hunting clubs.

Feedback Score
    I would add that the range in fayetteville has local ipsc matches every Tuesday if you like that type of thing. The racetrack is close if you like nascar and of course the braves and falcons are there. We lost our NHL team, but they have a minor league team in Gwinnett that is actually pretty good.

Feedback Score
    How hard is it to go hog hunting? Thanks for your replies!

Die living

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    First off...welcome.

Get your hunting license ASAP. If you plan on Hunting the WMAs, you will be best served by getting the Sportsman's License. If you're hunting Private Land, you won't have to abide by the seasonal weapons restrictions.

If you have the option, go with Peachtree City or Newnan over Fayetteville.

If you want some good riding, check out http://www.highlandparkresort.com.

The rule of thumb for Georgia, the further South you go in the State, the more "country" it gets, which for me, translates into "the more fun" it gets.

One of the cool things about GA is the varied terrain. You've got everything from the mountains in N GA, to the coast in the SE Corner of the State.

If you like Hiking and backpacking, there's no shortage of it in the northern section.

If you plan on doing any hunting at the WMAs, hit me up via PM and I'll give you some advice.

South GA is damned near overrun with hogs. I've heard rumors that the piggies have, literally, gone hog wild at Fort Stewart.

If you're into fishing, hunting the WMAs is about to wind down, so it's pretty much fishing season now.

Atlanta itself has all the standard city crap. McDonough isn't far from P'Tree City, and there's no shortage of go-fast shit you can do at Atlanta Motor Speedway.

I'm on the OTP North, so typically shoot at Creekside, but this is a solid outdoor range: http://www.southrivergunclub.com

P.S. I hope you like BBQ...

Feedback Score
    I actually haven't been hog hunting myself, but I know that they are plentiful. I am considering building a 300 black and try my hand at hog hunting. I would guess you would go to South Georgia and find more hogs. I do know a few people that go just across the Alabama line and get their fill on hogs.

Feedback Score
    [QUOTE=Outlander Systems;1893682]First off...welcome.

If you have the option, go with Peachtree City or Newnan over Fayetteville.

I will second this and add Senoia to the list as it's a nice small town, but close to the others.

Feedback Score
    I just rolled in last nigh and am staying at an extended stay hotel. With my price range it looks like I'll be staying in Fayetteville. Why are the other cites more desirable?

I love BBQ
    Die living

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast