Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Is a Shemagh or Kiffiyeh bad form?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dano5326 View Post
    perfect "accessory" to make you look like a complete tool
    What if it's a "Hello-Kitty!" shemagh?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I personally think the guys who show up to class with the shemagh are a little silly, but it's no biggie.

I use the Spec Ops recon wrap as a neck gator. I've never had a brass burn, but out here I get mean neck sun burns even with 50 sun block. It makes sleeping that night, and day 2 of training a little miserable.

The recon wrap is a lot smaller, more versatile, and user friendly than a shemagh too.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Personally, I wouldn't use one since I just use a good old fashioned bandana.

However, I also don't give damn if someone wants to wear one...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    And DD pulled the ad too - gay. Management needs to tell people to get a life. If there was evidence that DD was a shadowy terror financier, that would be one thing. This type of alarmist jackassery muddies up the water for more serious Islam-related issues.
    Don't forget to show my head to the people. It's well worth seeing.
    -Georges Danton

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumpy196 View Post
    I'll keep my opinion to myself.
    Okay... what have you done with the real Lumpy?!?
    GLOCK PREFECTION

Feedback Score
    Malkin, as much as I like her, can occasionally be far too sensitive. I don't like Rachel Ray (because her receipts aren't that great and she worships Rosie O), but I didn't see anything offensive about the advertisement.

As to the shemagh thing.... They actually make a lot of sense and greatly increase comfort in hot, sunny, dry environments, like the desert. There is a reason the secret squirrel types wear them, beyond just the cultural thing. That said, if you are wearing one and you aren't a secret squirrel and/or you aren't in the desert, you're probably a jackass.

Feedback Score
    I have had a Shemagh since 91' a good friend brought it back when he returned from the Middle East, only time I wear it is when I'm hunting at night , it keeps the skeeters from eating my bald head...

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JLM View Post
    I'm just sayin' dude
    My wife actually thinks I watch Rachel Ray and that italian chick on food network because of the food, I think both those chicks are smokin!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    As long as nobody wears the known colors or color combinations of such groups as hamas and any other such groups are not worn, then I think that people are blowing this way out of proportion. JM2CW.
    We must not believe the Evil One when he tells us that there is nothing we can do in the face of violence, injustice and sin. - Pope Francis I

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by John_Wayne777 View Post
    What if it's a "Hello-Kitty!" shemagh?
    Then you'd just look like a tool ('tard) with a Hello Kitty shemagh..........I'm not sayin',I'm just sayin' .

Not hatin' the playa, just hatin' the tool.....
    Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast