Thread: Surefire 6P LED Defender- opinions?

Feedback Score

Surefire 6P LED Defender- opinions?

Thinking of picking this up as a carry around torch. I haven't seen one in person yet, but at 80 lumens and 11 hours of power, it seems impressive for the price. Any opinions either way on this light?

Oh, and it won't be used as a weaponlight...I'm waiting for an M961 in the mail for that.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    After using three different surefires as a civilian...and looking for my fourth.

It's addictive for sure

Get the 6PD model, You'll love the LED head in either, I converted two of my basic G2 models to the led head and it's always a conversation piece when I use at and somebody thinks thier mag light is da bomb.

Depending on how you dress, you might look into the E2DL model also, a little less in weight and circumference but also a very strong light...

God Speed,

Feedback Score
    Yeah, I liked the look, clip, and power of the E2D LED Defender, even though the 6PDL lasts almost 6 times as long. Just picked up the E2D from Grant.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron S. View Post
    Yeah, I liked the look, clip, and power of the E2D LED Defender, even though the 6PDL lasts almost 6 times as long. Just picked up the E2D from Grant.

Thank you for your business!

C4

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    Thank you for your business!

C4
    Hey, thank you! Already got the tracking...really looking forward to it.

Feedback Score
    I bought the LED conversion head for my 20 year old 6P and tried it out... then switched back to the P61 lamp, which is brighter, wider and has longer range. I'm not using the light as an 8-hour shift general work light; I have other lights for constant use. IMHO the 6v small handhelds are for off-duty, plainclothes, nightstand, tactical backup or emergency use. For that I want something super bright - duration doesnt matter as it will be all over quickly.