Thread: Hello

Feedback Score

Smile Hello

Hi,I am Reece, go by Rbrad1 on this and a few other forums. I was in the US Army for 13 and a half years, before knee surgery made me retire. I always loved shooting, especially the M16A2. I left the Army just when the "new" M16's came out, so I never got to shoot those or the M4 carbine. I purchased a Ruger 556 in 5.56 after having to sell a SIG 556(long story), The Ruger hasn't bee shot, yet, but I am looking forward to that day, whenever it might get here. I also have a Remington 1911 R1, which I purchased in March of 2011. I really like how it shoots.
    Anyway I am 59, work for the USPS and live in Florida. I am looking forward to learning more about thr M4 and all the varients and hope to make a few friends along the way.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Welcome to the forums !!!

Be sure to read the stickies if you have not been a lurker for a while. The amount of information on the site is astounding. There is a post on a torture test for the Ruger also, if yo have not found it yet. Everyone here mostly shoots gas guns unless they are suppressed or an sbr.

Did you just buy the Ruger 556 ? I cannot go long without shooting one of mine.

I used to live on Fort Myers Beach, I sure miss it, well and all the sunny weather.

Feedback Score
    Welcome Reece. You will find that this is the best forums on the web. I lurked here for about a year before joining, sucking up the wealth of knowledge and insight available here. I will offer a tip or two here. Before posting, use the search feature to see if you find info related to your query. Chances are good that the question has been asked and answered. The vendors that advertise here are great people to deal with and can be trusted to deliver a quality product at a fair price. Thank you for your service and enjoy the forum.
    The Second Amendment is a doomsday provision, one designed for those exceptionally rare circumstances where all other rights have failed – where the government refuses to stand for re-election and silences those who protest; where courts have lost the courage to oppose, or can find no one to enforce their decrees. However improbable these contingencies may seem today, facing them unprepared is a mistake a free people get to make only once.

Member:VCDL,GOA,NRA,NSSF,Oathkeepers

Feedback Score
    Welcome aboard, glad you are here.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    thanks for your service

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Welcome! I, too, am new to the forums, although I've been lurking for a few weeks while my membership was in the approval queue. Nice to see this is an active forum with LOTS of great information.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Welcome aboard!