Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: bobro 30mm extended vs standard

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

bobro 30mm extended vs standard

I'm having a hard time finding out how to determine which mount to order. it will go on a flat top upper, will hopefully clear a pair of troy flip up iron sights mounted on the rifle, and hold a nxs compact 2.5-10x32. the closest i have found has been this thread http://www.weaponevolution.com/forum...=9156#post9156 but looking at the bobro mount, it doesn't look like either of the offerings on their webpage. it almost looks like its 1/2 way extended. and I'm not sure if thats the 32mm night force optic.

anyone have any suggestions as to which one to get?

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Why would clearing a backup sight be a requirement? Offset irons make a lot more sense. Make your mount choice based on eye relief needed and cheek position. GH

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I have troy flip up irons so I figured is start with that although it seems like most mounts clear that setup either way. But you are correct it isn't a requirement. I'll gladly buy different irons if they make more sense once it is complete.

I guess the eye relief is what I'm trying to understand. Without all the parts in hand, how do I measure where that all lines up?

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Quote Originally Posted by wsaraceni View Post
    I have troy flip up irons so I figured is start with that although it seems like most mounts clear that setup either way. But you are correct it isn't a requirement. I'll gladly buy different irons if they make more sense once it is complete.

I guess the eye relief is what I'm trying to understand. Without all the parts in hand, how do I measure where that all lines up?
    Mount the rifle as you would using irons and note the distance from your eye to the charging handle. Get the specs/dimensions/eye relief for the scope and mounts you are interested in and apply some simple math. GH
    Last edited by GH41; 04-15-14 at 06:29.

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    You are looking for something like this for your scope. GH
    Attachment 25206

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
    You are looking for something like this for your scope. GH
    Attachment 25206
    yes. if i had that it would help. i was just hoping someone had experience as to which mount would work best with the locations of L2 and L3 but i'll keep looking. measuring the distance and the eye relief spec i would need it to be just in front of the end of the upper. i plan to get a shorter stock too so that may move it up 1"
    Last edited by n4p226r; 04-15-14 at 08:14.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by wsaraceni View Post
    I'm having a hard time finding out how to determine which mount to order. it will go on a flat top upper, will hopefully clear a pair of troy flip up iron sights mounted on the rifle, and hold a nxs compact 2.5-10x32. the closest i have found has been this thread http://www.weaponevolution.com/forum...=9156#post9156 but looking at the bobro mount, it doesn't look like either of the offerings on their webpage. it almost looks like its 1/2 way extended. and I'm not sure if thats the 32mm night force optic.

anyone have any suggestions as to which one to get?
    In the link you posted above Yes, that's a Bobro Slightly Extended mount http://www.bobroengineering.com/view/product/7/, and Yes, that's a Nightforce 2.5-10x32mm......

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I've got the extended with a tr24 and everything fits great. Clears the troy sight fine...
    Owner of Aridus Industries. Creator of the Q-DC, CROM, ASA, and other fun shotgun things.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BobinNC View Post
    In the link you posted above Yes, that's a Bobro Slightly Extended mount http://www.bobroengineering.com/view/product/7/, and Yes, that's a Nightforce 2.5-10x32mm......
    the slightly extended looks like the way to go. as when i measure where i need it to be it would be. I'm assuming this is the one i need

http://www.sportoptics.com/bobro-eng...3-201-300.aspx

Feedback Score
    93 (100%)
    Never mind, mine is 30mm. (Finally figured how to insert pic, but delete is beyond me.)
    Last edited by uffdaphil; 04-15-14 at 12:45. Reason: Not germane
    “ When I comes to modern politics, I think the inverse of Hanlon's Razor applies...In other words, "Never attribute to stupidity that which is adequately explained by malice." - Kerplode

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast