Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: bobro 30mm extended vs standard

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Bobro extended mount over some Troys here as well. Excellent setup

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I have my Vortex 2.5-10 on a Bobro Slightly Forward in the furthest rail position. other scopes with different ring/turret spacing may need a different mount...
    never push a wrench...

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I'm using two of the Bobro extended mounts on flat top AR-15s. I did a lot of measurements before determining that the extended Bobro mounts give me more flexibility for mount placement with the scopes I am using. With the NF NXS 2.5-10x you would benefit from the extended mount as well. I happen to have the NF on a SCAR so I checked for you. If you want the NF eyepiece to end about exactly at the end of the folded troy rear sight the extended mount will work well. But it looks like the regular mount might work as well (I don't own the regular Bobro with the slight extension). I'm not sure about height, but the Bobro looks tall enough for the NF to clear the rear iron.

The scopes with longer eye relief seem to work well with the extended Bobro mounts.
    Last edited by ScottsBad; 04-24-14 at 21:53.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Was in the same dilemma as you... as everyone else has said. Go with the extended.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Hmmm, wish I had seen this thread earlier.
    I just ordered a Bobro Standard 30mm scope mount for my Nightforce 2.5-10x42 that is going on a .308 AR.
    Hopefully should be OK. Might have to run the stock a notch further back than I would otherwise.
    (Crosses fingers)

Feedback Score
    Would the standard Bobro be ideal for a 1x6 on a 15?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12