Thread: What would you pick Mercworx or Chris Reeve knife?

Feedback Score

What would you pick Mercworx or Chris Reeve knife?

So i'm up in the air about which knife might be "better made". I like them both but after seeing this youtube vid i don't know if he has an agenda or if the CR knife isn't as nice as iv'e heard. This knife is going to be my go to knife if sh*t hits the fan and i must be able to realy on it no mater what.

Either the Chris Reeve Pacific
    http://www.chrisreeve.com/pacific.htm

Youtube vid of the pacific in action.
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=uwYNcSsybr4

The Mercworx Shiva or Equatorian style
    http://www.mercworx.com/SearchResult.aspx?CategoryID=2

Let me know what you guys think and if you've used either of them.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"Edmund Burke

Feedback Score
    Reeve all the way. Excellent quality, dude does a lot for the SOF community, and his knives are durable work quality knives.

Feedback Score
    Neither unless they are just gonna be for show.
    Check out Busse combat, Swamp rat,or Scrapyard knives websites.
    You can find them at bladeforums.com in the for sale section as well.
    Good luck!

Feedback Score
    For a go-to fixed blade, I suggest taking a look at the Bark River Knife & Tool Bravo-1.

Description, options & pricing here.
    KintlaLake
    KintlaLake Blog

"Blasphemy is an epithet bestowed by superstition upon common sense." (Robert Green Ingersoll)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 1SFG View Post
    Reeve all the way. Excellent quality, dude does a lot for the SOF community, and his knives are durable work quality knives.
    Thanks thats what I hear. So that means they must be good coming from end users.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"Edmund Burke

Feedback Score
    FWIW I don't know if it's fair to compare the Shiva design to any of the more popular CR designs like the Pacific/ Roberts/ Nkonka etc. That Shiva is not going to be very useful for any sort of "utility" application. Some of the other Mercworx designs look to be much better as all-arounders. Just my .02.

I am mulling a Pacific right now myself. I have a mk6 that I've had for maybe 11 or 12 years(?) and it is a great knife. I chopped down a small tree with mine several years back. The edge held up very well, and it still takes a great edge to this day. I *think* that you can still send a knife back to CR and get it touched up and refinished gratis. (it used to be that way anyway- can't say for sure if they still do that) Based on my experience with that knife and with my sebenzas, I'd say that the CR knives are tip top notch. I'm sure that other makers can make knives that good, but it's hard to imagine anybody actually maker a better knife in that price range.

Feedback Score
    Matts right I sent my CR in and got refinished last year, GREAT KNIVES, holds an edge better than the rest!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Depends on what you want to do with it.

Mercworx has some some great knifemakers working for them. The Chris Reeve brand is well known . Personally, I like the Harsey designs better.

Feedback Score
    How about checking into Justin's Ranger Knives?

Hope you find what you're looking for and Enjoy!