Thread: Zero Eotech different than irons?

Feedback Score

Smile Zero Eotech different than irons?

Searched for this but did not see what I was looking for so here goes..
    My setup is as follows: BCM 20", fixed fsb, LMT tactical rear sight(like A2 sight), Eotech 512 and a YHM riser. Thinking of zeroing my irons as you traditionally would for 25/300m. Just use them as they are indented. Any unforseen problems with mounting the Eotech on the riser lower 1/3 configuration and zeroing it at 50 yards? There's no law that says the red dot has to be zeroed the same as the irons, is there? I guess I would loose the cowitness ability, but so what? If the dot goes down then I have the standard m16 sight system right there ready to go.

Does anyone else out there do this? Anything I'm missing?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    There's no law. Zero how you like and master it.

I prefer a straight 100 yd zero for everything for simplicity... but as long as you know your set up, by all means.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Why not zero your Eotech at 25/300 then too? That is a great zero. Is there any reason why you want two different ones? just curious.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    I zero RDSs for 100 meters POA/POI, and irons for 200.
    More detail here: https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...100-Meter-Zero
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    That's a great thread. I read it a while back. I just thought it would be a way to keep the traditional sight system and add a dot sight with the flatter trajectory. Honestly, right now I have the carry handle on it. I seem to keep going back to that. I shoot just as well with it as I do the dot but probably not as fast.