Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Magpul to discontinue non-black MOE magazines?

Feedback Score

Magpul to discontinue non-black MOE magazines?

I just received an email from Magpul Industries and if I read it correctly my understanding is that they are going to discontinue all non-black MOE magazines by the end of 2014.
    Personally I was under the impression that flat dark earth magazines were popular enough to keep them around.
    RANGE TIME on Facebook
    RANGE TIME on Instagram
    RANGE TIME on Twitter
    NRA Life Member/RSO

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Is moe mag the same as pmag?

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Moving production to non black Gen 3 mags perhaps?
    "I don't collect guns anymore, I stockpile weapons for ****ing war." Chuck P.

"Some days you eat the bacon, and other days the bacon eats you." SeriousStudent

"Don't complain when after killing scores of women and children in a mall, a group of well armed men who train to shoot people like you in the face show up to say hello." WillBrink

Feedback Score

Magpul to discontinue non-black MOE magazines?

Quote Originally Posted by slybarman View Post
    Is moe mag the same as pmag?
    I believe so because here's one of my wrappers for the PMAG 30 and it does have the letters MOE at the very top.
    Maybe someone that knows more about Magpul can chime in and clear things up.

Last edited by ex95B10; 04-18-14 at 21:18.
    RANGE TIME on Facebook
    RANGE TIME on Instagram
    RANGE TIME on Twitter
    NRA Life Member/RSO

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    They are the same thing. The Moe series did not come with lip covers.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Carolyn Mcarthy
    I actually don't know what a barrel shroud is- I believe it's the shoulder thing that goes up
    Quote Originally Posted by Serialmonagamist
    There's no need to shoot a bear over a bluff charge, for the same reason you don't shoot every douchebag you see in a Tapout shirt.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Yep. MOE mags are the MRev PMAG with the GEN M3 material and no dust covers.
    Duane Liptak, Jr.
    Executive Vice President
    Magpul Industries

info@magpulcore.com

This is a personal account linked to a personal e-mail. Company affiliation and titles are provided purely for transparency requirements of the host site. Although factual company information may be shared through this account, any opinions expressed are solely those of the account holder, and not necessarily those of Magpul Industries or subsidiaries.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SPQR476 View Post
    Yep. MOE mags are the MRev PMAG with the GEN M3 material and no dust covers.
    So some AR PMAGs will still be available in colors other than black?
    Daniel

Never send a nail to do a screw's job.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    No later than the end of 2014, you will be able to buy all PMAGs in any color you want, as long as it's black. All magazine skus, just black. Unless you have Cerakote, aervoe, krylon, a dip, or duracoat--then you can have any color you want.

It's a matter of demand vs logistics. Non-black magazines are a very small part of demand, and maintaining inventory, materials flow, and reformulation/updating have all contributed to this move.

Mag material isn't exactly the same as stock material, and if we reduce the number of raw material mixtures (mag colors) that we continually improve, we can devote more energy to the next generation of material.

Furniture will be unaffected, and will be available in colors.
    Duane Liptak, Jr.
    Executive Vice President
    Magpul Industries

info@magpulcore.com

This is a personal account linked to a personal e-mail. Company affiliation and titles are provided purely for transparency requirements of the host site. Although factual company information may be shared through this account, any opinions expressed are solely those of the account holder, and not necessarily those of Magpul Industries or subsidiaries.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Thank you for the reply. It makes sense. Too bad demand wasn't high enough to maintain supply.
    Daniel

Never send a nail to do a screw's job.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by streck View Post
    Thank you for the reply. It makes sense. Too bad demand wasn't high enough to maintain supply.
    I've always just painted black mags. Maybe I'm part of the problem. :-)

It won't be immediate, and we'll continue to fill open orders through distribution, but won't continue ordering more material after a certain point.
    Duane Liptak, Jr.
    Executive Vice President
    Magpul Industries

info@magpulcore.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast