I thought there was already a thread going on this but I can't seem to find it. Curious what thoughts are on pre-workout powders. I've never used (until now). Lifelong athlete/active but the only supp I've ever consumed is whey protein.

Recently bought a new home gym smith. To celebrate I started a new 12wk workout, which is my first time with a truly weight-lifting centric plan (as opposed to sport specific or running). Ordered some accessories for the cables and bar from BB.com and inside the box were samples. I tried the 1MR Vortex last week. Holy moly, I was a squirrel on crack, and I liked it. Today I just took a dose of NO-Xplode which my husband has used for a while. I figured I'd compare.

I've never been one for supplements. I'm traditional and I like natural in my body. But after trying the sampler, I admit, I'm curious (is this a "gateway drug"? haha j/k). At this point I don't know if I want to use a pre-workout for every workout (based on intensity & duration to get it all out of my system). But I can see it for the crushing leg days, maybe plyo.

Thoughts on pre-workout powders?