Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Pre-workout Powder - anyone use?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sadmin View Post
    Will - are you referring to Fein? I think you posted about it in the past as a more pure alternative. I need to check that out

Not specifically no, but it is one of my go to ingredients in my pre workout. Simple and effective and cheap.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    Not that I think this is common, but pre workouts are all about who's is stronger than the other ("like drinking jet fuel on steroids" blah blah) and that's ended with mixtures of stimulants not recommended/potentially problematic, and in some cases far worse:

'Craze' Workout Supplement Contains Meth-Like Stimulant 'Never Studied In Humans'

My advice = Just say no to pre workout formulas. You can make your own by simply buying a few key ingredients and making your own.
    This story is scary. Definitely a reason to say no.

ETA: Interested in the making my own though.
    Last edited by Shorts; 04-22-14 at 15:41.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shorts View Post
    This story is scary. Definitely a reason to say no.

ETA: Interested in the making my own though.
    Here's my vid on what goes into my home made version:

http://www.brinkzone.com/supplement-...-work-formula/
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Before lifting I use two scoops of Optimum Pre. Love the stuff.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    I Generally use Super Pump Max. There is no caffeine and you don't get that meth addict scratch your eyes out feeling. I have been using this with great results for about a year but I am definitely going to try Will's recipe.
    "Perfect Practice Makes Perfect"
    "There are 550 million firearms on this planet. That's one firearm for every 12 people. The question is... How do we arm the other 11?" Lord of War.
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I feel less smoked with reloder 10x but varget taste better.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CoryCop25 View Post
    I Generally use Super Pump Max. There is no caffeine and you don't get that meth addict scratch your eyes out feeling. I have been using this with great results for about a year but I am definitely going to try Will's recipe.
    From the label:

In the "CogniDRIVE Acceleration Matrix"

"L-Tyrosine, Caffeine, Oxytropis Falcate Ext. (Whole Plant), Peak ATP™ (Adenosine 5'-Triphosphate Disodium), Glucoronolactone"

How much caffeine I can't say, but if you're attempting to avoid caffeine, not the formula for you.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Here's my vid on what goes into my home made version:

http://www.brinkzone.com/supplement-...-work-formula/
    Thanks for the link. Watched it and read the Caffeine article (very interesting btw). I'm going to give the recipe a go. I will update with my thoughts after I give it a try. I have a little more reading to do but I'm glad to have the info to read.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    From the label:

In the "CogniDRIVE Acceleration Matrix"

"L-Tyrosine, Caffeine, Oxytropis Falcate Ext. (Whole Plant), Peak ATP™ (Adenosine 5'-Triphosphate Disodium), Glucoronolactone"

How much caffeine I can't say, but if you're attempting to avoid caffeine, not the formula for you.
    You know, I never even noticed that there was caffeine in that . I was even told that there wasn't. I will say that out of the three pre workouts that I use, Super Pump, Cardio Cuts and Pump Fuel Insanity, the Super Pump has no jittery effects and I can lift much heavier when using it. The other two, I can get more reps and less time between sets but I can't lift as heavy. Obviously there is a trade off between speed and heavier weight but I get the best result from the Super Pump. I used to use C4 and didn't like the top of my ears itching. With the Super Pump, I could feel it working but couldn't feel the bugs.
    So now I am completely finished sayin Super Pump!
    "Perfect Practice Makes Perfect"
    "There are 550 million firearms on this planet. That's one firearm for every 12 people. The question is... How do we arm the other 11?" Lord of War.
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CoryCop25 View Post
    Lol I think that's the beta alanine. But Will can confirm.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast