Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Pre-workout Powder - anyone use?

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    The sand bag lunges look like one I should add to my repertoire. Being that I can't utilize a dumbbell in each hand, it would make weighed lunges much easier (and easy on my no-delt covered left shoulder). I do the standing/step lunges with the oly bar in front of the rack, but if I tried to walk around the garage with that I'd be knocking stuff off the walls, benches and shelves. As far as motion goes, the walking lunges are tons more comfortable.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shorts View Post
    The sand bag lunges look like one I should add to my repertoire. Being that I can't utilize a dumbbell in each hand, it would make weighed lunges much easier (and easy on my no-delt covered left shoulder). I do the standing/step lunges with the oly bar in front of the rack, but if I tried to walk around the garage with that I'd be knocking stuff off the walls, benches and shelves. As far as motion goes, the walking lunges are tons more comfortable.
    Depending on the db, you can put one of those over your shoulder too if you don't have bags. Couple sacks of dog food works too.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shorts View Post
    The bags have various uses and are some of the best bang for the $$ around in my view. Here's discussion/vids on the bags if you want more info.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Endur View Post
    Lol I didn't say she was Jessica Biel or Alice Eve now, but by no means is she "quick, cover your eyes".
    Her attractiveness (or lack there of depending on your personal perspective) is of no consequence. She's smart, educated, and (obviously) strong and athletic. Good enough for me.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    27 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    Her attractiveness (or lack there of depending on your personal perspective) is of no consequence. She's smart, educated, and (obviously) strong and athletic. Good enough for me.
    My point essentially, though she is not "ugly". I was simply saying that it is unusual to see a woman built like that, that isn't a monsterous manly looking woman (think of the russian in Kick Ass 2, horrible movie BTW).

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by munch520 View Post
    Holy shit. That girl is beastly (in a good way)

I've been fortunate enough to be working out at the OSU Steelwood gym/Olympic regional training center and I've never had a 'leg day' like I've been introduced to there. Those sandbag lunges are killer, we've done the same, except 'double tapped' the knee on one lunge (so lunge into it, stand back up, then back down again for 1 rep). "These should be borderline impossible..." is a great way to hear a lift introduced
    The bags are great to be sure, and I use them regularly, but the Prowler Sled rules all. No matter what condition you think you're in, the sled will let you know what condition you're actually in. It's the best overall whole body strength/conditioning/GPP tool I'm aware of or have used.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    My point essentially, though she is not "ugly". I was simply saying that it is unusual to see a woman built like that, that isn't a monsterous manly looking woman (think of the russian in Kick Ass 2, horrible movie BTW).
    And my point is (directed as much to SOW_0331 as to you) is "ugly" is relative to personal preference and even those you may find "monsterous manly looking woman" others will find attractive and it's never a productive conversation. Me, I think she's cute, but what I think in that area is of no value.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Feedback Score
    27 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    And my point is (directed as much to SOW_0331 as to you) is "ugly" is relative to personal preference and even those you may find "monsterous manly looking woman" others will find attractive and it's never a productive conversation. Me, I think she's cute, but what I think in that area is of no value.
    I definitely agree with you. I think there is a little miscommunication going on here lol. I do not think she is ugly either. Anyway, lets not derail this thread any more than we have. Keep up the good work Will.

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    OK...since this thread has strayed more than Huck Finn; on the topic of weighted vests:
    I don't want my eyes to be bigger than my mouth and want to order one. For Plyo, jumping rope, running... What's a good starting weight? Is 10lbs too light for someone who works out 4-6 days per week?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Matthew 10:28

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I definitely agree with you. I think there is a little miscommunication going on here lol. I do not think she is ugly either. Anyway, lets not derail this thread any more than we have. Keep up the good work Will.
    No accusations at all man, just putting in my thoughts on the invariable back and forth that always takes place when a female athlete type gets posted and I know exactly what you were saying. All good.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast