Thread: What happened to US Optics dual focal plane / DFP reticles?

Feedback Score

What happened to US Optics dual focal plane / DFP reticles?

Does anyone know what happened to US Optics' dual focal plane reticles? It seems like such a clever solution. I've searched around and read there were issues with the SFP reticle moving, but that it was going to be fixed. I can't find any info after that. A DFP reticle doesn't seem to be even a custom option on any of USO's current scopes on their web page. The only place I've found that has one is a SN-4 at SWFA. Anyone know what happened?

Cheers!

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    According to my sources, it's my understanding (I could be mistaken) that US Optics only made 50 of the SN-4 1-4x in the DFP configuration; unsure as to how many 1.5-6x. As F2S mentioned in another thread you started, the SN-4 DFP in 1-4x was replaced by the new FFP SR-4C with daylight visible illumination.

From time to time DFPs do pop up on the used market, but are getting increasingly hard to find.

For my purposes, I chose the DFP over the SR-4C.
    Last edited by kcmo83; 04-23-14 at 20:50.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I'm not sure what happened to them as an overall line, but I seem to recall there being a patent/copyright/trademark/whatever issue with one of the reticles in the DFP lineup.
    I'm not cool. I just do this stuff for fun.