Thread: Remington 870 Disassembly

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Remington 870 Disassembly

Hey folks!

Next week I'll receive a Hogue overmolded foregrip. I just wanted the 6 rounds side saddle but just noticed it inteferes with the OEM foregrip. Is there an online page with disassembly instructions for this shotgun model?

I see a nut with two indents that apparently hold the foregrip and the carrier together and I cant recall how to loose it. Do I need a special tool?

Thanks in advance.

Feedback Score
    http://www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/sto...+FOREND+WRENCH

I've seen a few people say they did it with needle nose pliers, but I've seen alot more say it's a very bad idea. You may be able to rig something else up, but the forend wrench makes things alot easier.

Loosen the nut before you pull the action bars/forend from the receiver.
    The luxury of freedom was not free.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by olds442tyguy
    http://www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/sto...+FOREND+WRENCH

I've seen a few people say they did it with needle nose pliers, but I've seen alot more say it's a very bad idea. You may be able to rig something else up, but the forend wrench makes things alot easier.

Loosen the nut before you pull the action bars/forend from the receiver.
    Thanks fot the tip! I just created a "shop-made forend tool". I used a ceiling fan extension tube that dont used from a fan I installed last week and a 3/16 allen key that I dont remember where I got it. The tube fitted perfectly inside the forend nut and the 3/16 allen key fitted perfectly inside the nut's indents. Just cut the allen key the same as the exterior diameter of the forend nut and the remaining part use it as a handle to torque. Then dremmel one side of the tube two indents the same width of the 3/16 allen key. Drill a hole on the other end of the tube for the handle.

It worked perfect!!! Sorry for being a cheap bastard but $50 are best spent in ammo

Feedback Score
    I just took a razor saw and cutoff the excess of the OEM forend. It worked fine. I was going to us a Dremel, but the razor saw did a better job. And I didn't even have to remove it from the shotgun.
    Just one of the Shepherd's sheepdogs. Joshua 24:15