Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: UBR Love

Feedback Score
    As I said, I've got no beef with Magpul.
    "ROLL RIGHT SNIPER!"

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    Well, so much for the magical unobtainium stock.

I was able to find a UBR at a "local" dealer 75 miles from me. I woke up at 6, hauled ass down there, showed up way, way too early, ate breakfast at the gas station, smoked a pack of cigarettes, and finally the shopkeepers showed up.

The dealer was kindly enough to install it for me, in what was near light speed.

Also managed to score 2 of the new P-Mags, with the bottom attachment for the covers. Very cool.

I've been scouring the web, far and wide for the UBR, and finally gave up, and figured I'd try and get a first run ACS.

I must say, the UBR is...F-in' RAD! Totally worth the wait, totally worth the money, and totally worth a 2+ hour drive time/road trip.

Go 'Pul!

Feedback Score
    I really like mine.

Magpul,

I only have a few slight observations (some which I may likely solve myself)

1. The screws for securing the door and cover..provide a second set that install flush with the doors removed. Not a big deal really...I used some Orings I had to keep junk from getting in there.

2. Small vile a blue loctite for the stock screw might help. I've made sure it was TIGHT before each range trip with the UBR and the screw has worked itself loose after both trips (250 rounds aprox each trip). just doing controlled pairs and hammers moving in/out/to/from concealment.

3. An insert to replace the sling loop insert would be nice, even as an add on piece. I will likely never use that sling loop since you included those kick ass sockets

4. The door, when installed, is a little hard to get open with gloves on..(mechanix gloves)...a larger pad surface on the latch might relieve this.

A little blue stuff and the third trip ended with no loose screw.

It is heavy-ish, but balances really well with a heavy barrel (middy) for me. The presets ROCK. #3 for shooting with movement, fully extended for prone/bench shooting.

Slow is smooth. Smooth is fast. Fast is good.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLandlord View Post
    I've been scouring the web, far and wide for the UBR, and finally gave up, and figured I'd try and get a first run ACS.

I must say, the UBR is...F-in' RAD! Totally worth the wait, totally worth the money, and totally worth a 2+ hour drive time/road trip.

Go 'Pul!
    How much better do you like it than the CTR? I am in the same boat. I've been thinking about dropping $250 on a UBR with Grant, or buying an ACS and spending that price difference on the Larue T-1 mount.

(Hehehe - either way, he gets the money...)

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I had to wait for several weeks for a couple of UBRs but they came in! Much better than the SOPMD and the M4 they replaced.

Last edited by Cameron; 06-04-09 at 12:52.

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    How much better do you like it than the CTR? I am in the same boat. I've been thinking about dropping $250 on a UBR with Grant, or buying an ACS and spending that price difference on the Larue T-1 mount.

(Hehehe - either way, he gets the money...)
    I like it better than the CTR, depending on the application.

My blaster was extremely front heavy, and tthe UBR definitely balanced the weight out.

The storage compartment is awesome, and a very welcomed addition.

The preset feature is pure genius, since typically on most stocks I only use two settings, so the preset can let you dial in your maximum length.

The action of the stock's motion is blazing quick, and extremely ergonomic. You don't have to grab, squeeze, and pull. You can just hit the paddle and the stock will shoot out to your desired length. It's blazin' fast.

I'd had a Midwest Industries single-point sling mount that attached around the castle nut, that, despite torquing the living hell out of and red-loctit'ing, would almost never stay on. If I dropped the rifle free to transition to my secondary, the sling mount would wiggle back off the castle nut. I've gone through two of those mounts, and have had bad luck with both.

I knew the UBR would be a solid, intelligently thought-out and designed stock, but I was pleasantly surprised at how nice it really is.
    Last edited by Outlander Systems; 02-14-09 at 07:57.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    TheLandlord:

Thanks very much for the analysis. I think I'm going with the UBR then. I have a similiar issue with a 6920 that has a RIS II rail. The weight is really far forward, especially with the X300 now. I have an SOPMOD on it, but I think I'll give the UBR a try.

I appreciate your time!

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Cameron, those are very nice rifles! It's a shame you are selling one. I'm glad to know you can own them in New Zealand.

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    The new P-Mags:

UBR Love:

Feedback Score
    Who's got those new PMAGS in stock? Are they possibly the new style made to work with the SCAR, or is that a totally seperate new model (EMAG)??
    Got a pic of them without the feed lip cover attached to the bottom, so the bottom of the mag can be seen?
    "ROLL RIGHT SNIPER!"

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast