Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Magpul Slimline and other New Products.

Feedback Score
    I'm happy to see so many new products being released from Magpul latley. I'll be putting together a lightweight build here pretty soon and I think I'm gonna run with the new SL MOE rather than the standard MOE. Just checked the specs section on Magpul's website and the weight says TBD, so I guess my purchase of this new stock is TBD as well.
    USMC 2011-Present

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)
    This is not confirmed but I have heard rumors of new ak furniture and 5.45 mags coming out as well. We shall see.
    I paint spaceship parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Stippled Glocks are like used underwear; previous owner makes all the difference in value.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Found a better picture of the handguard from thetruthaboutguns.com.
    Last edited by Sean W.; 07-13-14 at 12:30. Reason: incorrect info

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    I don't even start a build until I've tossed back 2.
    Rookie. It doesn't get fun until you've had about eight and try to put in a bolt catch roll pin.

Although I've seen some that looked like they were assembled by a bunch of monkeys with hammers from stone sober basement builders, so I'd say I'd trust your two beers build over a lot of folks I know.

On topic though, the rails are interesting. In some pictures, it appears to be flared out around the FSB and in others it looks like it slims out.

Am I looking at it wrong?
    Experience is a cruel teacher, gives the exam first and then the lesson.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    I'll be sure to give the stock a shot when they come out with it in gray.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    Handguard looks awesome on a rifle and looks smaller than the original MOE handguard.

Feedback Score
    I'm glad to see some more new accessories from Magpul. I may have to try one of the stocks...looks nice.
    "When they call the roll in the Senate, the Senators do not know whether to answer 'Present' or 'Not Guilty." ~ Theodore Roosevelt

"If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck." ~ Colonel Jeff Cooper

"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    I bet the Mossie Midnight Mount would be a perfect match with these new handguards
    This was my immediate thought as well. I'm almost positive I'll end up with a Mossie Midnight Mount and a slimline handguard.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jellybean View Post
    Ok, what am I missing here-
    Somone explain what the SL stock does any better than a basic MOE?
    How much slimmer can you *really* get, without simply reverting back to a basic USGI-style adjustable M4 stock?
    I mean, I think it's decent looking, but.... see my previous two sentences.
    This.

What, besides moving the locking mechanism/release, is really all that different from the old M4 stock? There's no way that 1/16" difference is going to mean you can only get cheek weld with this stock. Put moleskin on your SOPMOD, there ya go. $2 later and it's higher and won't pull your face pubes.

I'm all for trying new things. I support any company that will try to make better products for their customers. I don't like being told this version of something that supposedly sucked last week is now the only thing that will work. Modern battlefield? At least, as ugly as everyone says they are, the new DD stocks are designed to fit in your shoulder pocket with or without armor.
    Team Medic, Task Force Zangaro
    "The Cat's Originals"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedoooom View Post
    Handguards are ugly and pretty big... Not sure whats a slimline about them.
    That's what I was thinking.

Stock looks good but I think I like the grip the best.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast