Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Magpul Slimline and other New Products.

Feedback Score
    I can't say I'm disappointed about the discontinuing of the colored PMAGS as all of mine are black, and nothing that a can of paint wouldn't fix if I wanted some variety. Any word on the weight of the new SL stock though? I think its safe to assume that it's lighter than the standard MOE?
    USMC 2011-Present

Feedback Score
    27 (100%)
    I had the chance to check out the new stock at the NRA convention. It looks like a nice stock, but the cheek weld wasn't like I thought. I think I will be keeping my STR. I was also told the receiver plates should be out in a couple of weeks; which I am looking forward to.
    Last edited by Endur; 04-29-14 at 03:23.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by scottryan View Post
    I'm not doubting your wrench can't handle a standard modern AR-15 build.

My point was some people need a dedicated tool to get leverage on high dollar prebans and transferable machineguns to avoid damage. A set of professional armorer tools is not commercially available.
    What about the Accuracy Speaks barrel wrench, it grips every tooth on the standard barrel nut.

Though it doesn't have a long handle and you would have to remove the FSB to use it.

Here's a link to an article that shows it. > https://gunsmagazine.com/barrel-upper-work/

Just scroll down to see it.

I have also been searching for years, years and more years for a good barrel wrench and am starting to get worried that I'm going to settle with a wrench that's not as good as it could be.
    Last edited by 556Cliff; 04-29-14 at 12:47.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Well, in the prototyping stage, we did do a billet machined version in air-hardening steel that was a freaking masterpiece. It would cost about as much as one, also.
    Duane Liptak, Jr.
    Executive Vice President
    Magpul Industries

info@magpulcore.com

This is a personal account linked to a personal e-mail. Company affiliation and titles are provided purely for transparency requirements of the host site. Although factual company information may be shared through this account, any opinions expressed are solely those of the account holder, and not necessarily those of Magpul Industries or subsidiaries.

Feedback Score
    I was hoping for .308 pmags that I could use stripper clips with.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Little off topic but when are the 25rnd sr25 mags hitting the selfs?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sua175 View Post
    Little off topic but when are the 25rnd sr25 mags hitting the selfs?
    Shipping as of last week.
    Duane Liptak, Jr.
    Executive Vice President
    Magpul Industries

info@magpulcore.com

This is a personal account linked to a personal e-mail. Company affiliation and titles are provided purely for transparency requirements of the host site. Although factual company information may be shared through this account, any opinions expressed are solely those of the account holder, and not necessarily those of Magpul Industries or subsidiaries.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 556Cliff View Post
    What about the Accuracy Speaks barrel wrench, it grips every tooth on the standard barrel nut.

Though it doesn't have a long handle and you would have to remove the FSB to use it.

Here's a link to an article that shows it. > https://gunsmagazine.com/barrel-upper-work/

Just scroll down to see it.

I have also been searching for years, years and more years for a good barrel wrench and am starting to get worried that I'm going to settle with a wrench that's not as good as it could be.

Removing the FSB of a collectable Colt barrel is not an option. That should be obvious from my previous post.
    "Not every thing on Earth requires an aftermarket upgrade." demigod/markm

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by scottryan View Post
    Removing the FSB of a collectable Colt barrel is not an option. That should be obvious from my previous post.
    Since it's so special you probably won't want to soil the barrel nut or gas tube roll pin, either.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Magpul has set a price on the BEV block at $49.95.
    Steve

Disclaimer: I am employed by Shadow Systems. My posts on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast