Thread: PVS 14 help!

Feedback Score

PVS 14 help!

I am looking at getting a pvs 14. I have been researching all over the Internet. I found a unit from the night vision warehouse. He said this is the top of the line with no defects. But the price seems high compared to others. Should I wait and put this unit on layaway or go for the more affordable ones? Thanks for all the input!!!!!

http://m.ebay.com/itm/331148257284?nav=SEARCH

Here is the link to the one he recommends

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    6 grand?! That thing better perform sexual favors as well as being a super tube.

You can get an excellent tube at any of several places that will perform just as well.
    I'm not cool. I just do this stuff for fun.

Feedback Score
    I would check out tnvc.com. Their website has lots of good info in the Articles and the FAQ sections. Specifically, their buyer's guide explains why some features command a higher price, and also what gimmicks to watch out for. They also have a comparison of images from various models and manufacturers in different conditions. I would also buy from them because of their reputation, the transparency and thoroughness in their info about themselves and their products, and for their support of this forum and the shooting community in general. Just my two cents.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Even if you don't buy through TNVC, at least use the wealth of information there to research. FWIW, hand selected ITT Pinnacle tubes should be running around half that price.
    عندما تصبح الأسلحة محظورة, قد يملكون حظرون عندهم فقط
    کله چی سلاح منع شوی دی، یوازي غلوونکۍ یی به درلود
    Semper Fi
    "Being able to do the basics, on demand, takes practice. " - Sinister

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I agree with all the above. If you look around you should be able to find a lightly used tube from a reputable vendor (TNVC, etc...) for about 3K with factory warranty left.

Feedback Score
    53 (100%)
    The TNV-14 with an Omni VIII tube retails for right at $3,000 and comes with a 5 year warranty. The Pinnacle tube will set you back $3,200 for the basic kit.

That's the only way to go if you want a PVS-14. The tubes are super clean and held to a much higher standard than many vendors.

Feedback Score
    32 (97%)
    You can get a factory built, hand, select ITT from TNVC for way less than that.

http://tnvc.com/shop/pvs-14-gen3-pin...orcer®-nh-kit/

If you have that kind of money, a little bit more and you can get a dual tube system.

http://tnvc.com/shop/tnv-sentinel-bi...l-3-omni-viii/

http://tnvc.com/shop/bnvd-1g-single-...gen3-pinnacle/

Ident Marking, also a forum sponsor, is great to deal with. I purchased my l3 omni viii pvs from them. I called and was able to get just the pvs from them at a discount as I didn't need/want the full kit and that's all that was available at most places when I purchased mine.

Edit: there's posters on TOS, that are getting really nice tubes from TNVC and OPMOD(optics planet) with signal to noise ratios close to 30. My snr is good at 25, I have a super clean tube, I don't have a single spot in my tube. Photocathode response is just under 2k, ebi is .8, and halo is 1.0. Those specs a similiar to their unit they list at $4895.

If you want a super tube call Ident, or TNVC, I'm certain they'll take care of you for less $. OPMOD isn't doing hand select last I read on TOS.
    Last edited by Caeser25; 04-28-14 at 17:55.
    I must study politics and war, that our sons may have liberty to study mathematics and philosophy. - John Adams

The AK guys are all about the reach around. - Garand Thumb.

Feedback Score
    Thank you for all the input! This will help me figure out what I need......

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk