I'm looking to buy a Gear Head Works Tavor Modular Forearm for the IWI Tavor. The TMF has a mount for a flashlight under the barrel inside the forearm similar to an MP5 forearm. It requires the use of a remote tape switch and has slots machined into the forearm that are compatible with Magpul MOE accessories such as the MOE Illumination Kit for mounting the tape switch securely. It's a pretty slick setup for the Tavor.

I've been a Surefire fan ever since I was issued a 6P on my first deployment to Afghanistan. However, Elzetta has caught my attention. They're American made and I can configure a flashlight how I want. I chose the Bravo with a Malkoff M60F flood lens, low profile bezel, and 5" remote tape switch. I chose the Malkoff M60F flood lens rather than the M60 because I think it will light up a whole room better and provide the best situational awareness. 200 lumens is plenty for my use. The Elzetta Bravo I configured is priced right up there with a Surefire M300 Mini Scout. The Surefire is $45 more expensive.

How does the Surefire compare to the Elzetta? Which will light up a whole room better and provide the best situational awareness?

While Elzetta appears to be very durable and reliable, I can't find much information on their remote tape switch. In comparison, Surefire's remote tape switches have seen a lot of use and are known to be durable and reliable. While the light itself should be good-to-go, if the remote tape switch is a flawed design, the light will be useless. How does Elzetta's remote tape switch compare to Surefire's remote tape switch?