Thread: Berry's Hollow Base Bullets?

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)

Berry's Hollow Base Bullets?

Does anyone have experience with Berry's Hollow Base bullets? I'm looking at the 45cal 185 grain HBRN and the .356 124 grain HBRN-TP.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I hate answering a question with a question, but what are you trying to accomplish with these?
    I've only read about them but they seem like a pretty narrow niche.

Feedback Score
    81 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by taekwondopreacher View Post
    Does anyone have experience with Berry's Hollow Base bullets? I'm looking at the 45cal 185 grain HBRN and the .356 124 grain HBRN-TP.
    I have shot thousands of the 185 HBRN in 45 & really like them. There are very accurate and shoot clean out of my Colt 1911 ! I load and use them for our Indoor Action Pistol League in the Winter,,I normally shoot lead,,but try and stear away from it when I shoot inside ! I love them and like I said,,I have shot at least 3K of them with great results. I have never tried the 9mm version,,but I would guess they would be equally as good ! The thought behind them is that they are longer & equal to a full length 230 grn so they have the same bearing surface as a 230. I seat them to my Standard OAL of 1.250 and crimp them to .468,,they run like a top out of both my 1911s. Hope this helps,,

Feedback Score
    I also have used thousands of 185 HBRN with excellent results in my Glock 30s. Very good grouping. I've also used a ton of .40 cal 155 HBRN with similar results. Haven't tried the 9mm.

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    thei3ug-They caught my eye in the 2014 Hodgdon Reloading magazine, and again on the store shelf the other day. If there was no feed back I'd probably just grab the regular Berry's bullets in 230 and 124 grains.

M1A & Hawk-Thanks for the feedback! I'll pick some up the next time I buy bullets.

Feedback Score
    New to the forum here, but not to reloading, FWIW: I've got them in 9mm now, I have been happy with them as well as the others above with the different calibers and what's cool is, I got mine in a Group Buy which I didn't even know I was getting this style.LOL
    So now I'll be looking for them in 45acp as well!
    Peace Mav
    Last edited by RVTMaverick; 05-03-14 at 19:50.

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    RVTMaverick-Welcome to the forum!