Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: So, would you consider the SCAR 17 to be the modern "Uber 7.62"?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score

So, would you consider the SCAR 17 to be the modern "Uber 7.62"?

??????????????????

I've haven't seen one thread (here and on different sites) where a majority in a similar question asked did NOT think that the SCAR 17 was the current 7.62Nato shiznit.

Not for a DMR role, but as a "battle rifle" do you think this is true?
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    Im curious to. It seems like its a fad that died off with its fan boys. Ive since been deciding on dpms gen II, armalite 10a, sig 716.

Feedback Score
    It's still my dream gun, and I'm hoping to get one this year. I don't think its just a fad, but if it was cheaper I think it would really take off for the differences it brings to the table.

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)
    It's a good mix of lightweight, reliable, and accuracy. It does come with some downsides such as it is hard on optics and accessories, but I think it is one of the better do it all battle rifles.

However my first pick is the SR-25E2 APC.
    I paint spaceship parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Stippled Glocks are like used underwear; previous owner makes all the difference in value.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by VIP3R 237 View Post
    It's a good mix of lightweight, reliable, and accuracy. It does come with some downsides such as it is hard on optics and accessories, but I think it is one of the better do it all battle rifles.

However my first pick is the SR-25E2 APC.
    Potential first pick?

As far as I know, they don't exist yet.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Everyone keeps parroting "hard on optics" with nothing to back that assertion. Eotechs suck in general but besides that I've only heard of 1 optic I'd consider quality break on a SCAR and that was a Trijicon Accupoint which more than likely had a sub par mount. Put a solid optic + solid mount on a SCAR 17s and don't think twice about it!

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by scooter22 View Post
    Potential first pick?

As far as I know, they don't exist yet.
    Well the only difference between the ECC and the APC at least from what I understand is the Hand Guard, and the ECC has had great success so why not the APC when they are available?
    I paint spaceship parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Stippled Glocks are like used underwear; previous owner makes all the difference in value.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ark1443 View Post
    It's still my dream gun, and I'm hoping to get one this year. I don't think its just a fad, but if it was cheaper I think it would really take off for the differences it brings to the table.
    +1.

If I ever had $4k laying around, I'd buy an FDE SCAR17 in a hearbeat. It is one of the best battle rifles IMO.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JusticeM4 View Post
    +1.

If I ever had $4k laying around, I'd buy an FDE SCAR17 in a hearbeat. It is one of the best battle rifles IMO.
    Dude, I'm getting mine for $2700 (plus tax and background check). Granted, I've paid this particular gun shop's light bill more than a few times so I usually get a decent deal.

I saw a FDE SCAR17 for $2752 at Bud's online store. The black one was $2656. Both were in stock.
    Last edited by ABNAK; 05-05-14 at 21:03.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    It is probably the best of the factory options right now. It has been through more field and development testing that pretty much any other rifle other than the old-line battle rifles (G3, FAL). I think of it more as a replacement for the old battle rifles than a DMR rifle. Really, there aren't any real downsides other than cost (and none of the quality options are cheap).
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast