Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My review of the Lionheart Industries LH9C

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    I'd almost forgotten the Daewoos until I saw that this was coming in and thought, "That sounds a lot like the old DP51 pistols." I actually almost bought one of the original Daewoo imports when I was looking at my first handgun (don't ask what I was thinking, I looked at buying a Double Eagle at the same time . . . I was young). Friend that runs a range had one in his (very extensive) collection and I got to put some rounds through it and was impressed.

The LH9 looks like something I'd like to get to play around with . . . probably will snag one in the next year or so.
    "If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur."

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by montanadave View Post
    Just received an email from my nephew today expressing an interest in this gun. I've never even heard of it until today. Interested to hear some of the more experienced shooters weigh in.
    Dave,

Munch520 has had one for a few weeks now and I think he said has put 500+ rounds through his already and he seems to like it. You may want to PM him or maybe he can chime in.

-Jax

"Despite what your mamma told you, violence does solve problems."
    -Ryan Job

Quote Originally Posted by Army Chief View Post
    "Elite" designations come from the things that you DO in life, and not from the things that you buy along the way. AC

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ruchik View Post
    It is. The older guns made by Daewoo are still in service, much like the M9's issued to our troops. New pistol manufacturing has been taken over by S&T Motiv.

When Daewoo went under in 2002, most of its shares was bought up by S&T Holdings. It then became S&T Daewoo, later renamed to S&T Motiv.
    Not trying to be a pain, but this is the exact model S Korea still uses or does it have changes/upgrades/differences?

Feedback Score
    No. The Korean model is still the K5, or DP-51. The one imported by Lionheart is exactly the same, except they added front cocking serrations, Novak sights, new grips, and a Cerakote finish.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jaxman7 View Post
    Dave,

Munch520 has had one for a few weeks now and I think he said has put 500+ rounds through his already and he seems to like it. You may want to PM him or maybe he can chime in.

-Jax
    Correct - Dave happy to help in any way I can!

I agree with the OPs assessment - I was going to throw a thread up soon but this has saved me the time As Jax said, I'm on the way to 1k rounds through the gun without issue, very happy with the purchase overall.

I'll echo that this is a great deal. I have the MKii, which is the "full size" (basically G19 size) with 1913 rail, which I got for just under $600. Sure not as cheap as a Glock/M&P, but still a few hundred less than comparable DA/SA options like Sig and HK. Things like the full cerakote, sights, feature set, case, etc. really tip the scales of the value equation IMO. The slide to frame almost feels hand fit, as the OP said.

Maybe it's because mine is larger/heavier but contrary to the original post, I've found this to be one of the softer shooting pistols I've ever tried. But this has all been with 115gr hand loads (3.8-4gr Titegroup...would have to look at my notes can't remember the exact #).

The trigger options on the gun are neat and for those uncomfortable with DA+, you can just use double/single. Or condition 1. I've found that from a draw, pulling through the DA+ to put the gun in single action is very similar to how I prep my Glock triggers on press-out. Not exactly the same, but similar concept. The single action trigger itself is very nice, not as light as some but I feel it's very similar to a Geissele SSA. Has some weight to it, but a very, very clean break.

Some complaints...
    The location and geometry of the slide release could be better, and thanks to the LH website, individual parts can be purchased when needed as necessary. I've been meaning to get another slide release in here to see if I can tweak the size in efforts to eliminate premature lock back. The safety also isn't my favorite, due to the pivot location. Very easy to sweep off but re-engaging it takes some work. While bringing the gun back in to re-holster, I have been bringing my support hand thumb up to push the safety back on. This allows me to keep a good firing grip with my dominant hand all the way through re-holstering.

The site should have G Code and Savoy Leather holster options for the MKii soon as well, my one gripe with them is that while they've done a decent job supporting the compact and non-railed full size, support for the MKii has been sparse. I'm also told VZ Grips may soon be in the mix with grip options, which I'd be psyched about.

This isn't a contender for "if I could only have one gun it would be_________" but it is a purchase I'm very happy with and one I will definitely be holding on to.

The stock sights are very nice, but I added orange paint to the front dot. Night and day better than a white dot.
    Last edited by munch520; 05-07-14 at 08:09.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Thanks for the additional feedback, munch520. My nephew is working in California and I don't know what kind of restrictions that puts on his possible purchases. The fact that he expressed an interest in the LH9 leads me to believe it might be on the "approved" list is California. Regardless, I will pass along the pros and cons discussed in this thread.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    No problem Dave

and don't mean to steal your thunder OP, thought I'd add some thoughts and avoid starting another thread in the future.

Feedback Score
    No problem at all! I'm not really looking for recognition or anything, just wanting to let people know of a great handgun.

Montanadave, the LH9 and LH9C are not on the California approved list. It has to be bought through something called a Single Shot Exemption. If you mention it to your nephew, he will most likely know what that is.

Feedback Score
    Forged slide and frame...guessing the small parts are MIM...anyone know?

Feedback Score
    While I find the "push the hammer forward" feature interesting, I just can't get past the bad taste in my mouth from the Daewoo days. Don't know if theirs were QC or design issues, but if the latter, than it's a problem. I'd rather not be the beta tester. Check back with me in ten years and let me know how its help up.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast