Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bowie/Burwell M&P work

Feedback Score
    I have a Burwell .45 M&P and I like the work and love how the triggers feels now. So as long as you are satisfied with your gun what does it matter which smith does a better trigger job than the other if both are quality work.

Feedback Score
    42 (100%)
    Please note that I wasn't looking for who did a BETTER trigger job. I was looking to try and find out if there was any difference's in the trigger. I'm not looking to go any lighter than say 4.5-5#. I was most interested in 1) reset strength 2) over travel 3) take up.

Feedback Score
    I do three different triggers on the M&P all have different take up but all have very little overtravel and a stronger more felt reset.
    Be also aware in defense of my competitor that I have heard of quite a few of his triggers going south but people have asked him to push the limits with competition guns and it is just not a good idea with this gun. A stiker fired gun should not be cut thin or real light. The slide to frame fit is normally loose and gets looser over time. The sear spring is very small and some have given up way early and this does cause a reset problem. I have had two guns with this happen and I keep very solid sear measurements. I have spoken to S&W about this and they may have had some springs not tempered correctly. I have also spoken to a spring making company(that's all I can say now) who has heard of the problem and are about to come out with M&P sear springs.
    Just do not expect a 100% gun under about 4.25 to 4.5 pounds CRISP if you are going to run it hard. Some will last I have one at four with about 10,000 rounds. But I have heard of many that did not make to a 1,000 with the light triggers. The M&P sear spring is very very small and any percentage of failure in it adds up fast.

CHECK 360 David Bowie
    Last edited by Bowie Tactical; 06-07-08 at 21:48.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123