Thread: 914 Consulting - 1 Day Fundamental Carbine Class –June 22, 2014– Virginia Beach, VA

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)

914 Consulting - 1 Day Fundamental Carbine Class –June 22, 2014– Virginia Beach, VA

914 Consulting LLC-1-Day Fundamental Carbine Class –June 22, 2014– Virginia Beach, VA

Topics covered include carbine safety, stance, zeroing sights, sight alignment and trigger control. Familiarization with their carbine topics includes field stripping and maintenance. Other subject matter that is covered includes reloads, presentation, strong side & weak side shooting, shooting positions, use of cover, and introduction to different skill drills including dry fire, bullseye shooting and malfunction clearance . Timed fire drills and evaluations based on class skill level.

Instructor: Chris "Hans" Frank- Former VSM Regionally Endorsed Instructor

Class date: June 22, 2014

Cost: $175 (10% discount to Mil/LE/EMT/NRA Member). Now accepting credit cards with a 3.5% processing fee. Mother's Day special pricing buy one slot in the class get one for your mom or significant other for $100. Limited of 4 slots per person please.

Range:
    C2 Shooting Center
    6025 Marvin Road
    Virginia Beach Virginia 23457

www.thec2center.com

Class size:
    Minimum four students
    Maximum twelve students

Weapon & Gear Class Requirements:

Carbine:
    - Serviceable duty grade carbine 22lr carbines are acceptable just make sure it runs.
    - Serviceable sling (tactical type preferred.)
    - Minimum of 3 serviceable carbine magazines
    - Optics – (Optional, but highly suggested)
    - Minimum 1 carbine magazine pouch - or method to carry at least two spares magazine(s)

MISC:
    - Eye and ear protection (we will be shooting some steel targets....electronic hearing protection is preferred)
    - Suitable range wear depending on the season
    - Weapon cleaning & lubrication supplies
    - Good attitude

Zeroed Weapons: 100-yard carbine preferred, but others are acceptable if you have a good reason why and understand it. We will cover zeroing the carbine with both iron sights and optics. Please bring your carbine zeroed and ready to shoot.

Ammo Requirements:
    - 300 rounds of carbine ammo
    A good source of class ammo is Cole at The Roundhouse contact here cmorano@roundhouseammo.com

If you are interested in attending this class please contact 914 Consulting LLC via email :
    hans@914consulting.com
    Last edited by chris914; 05-11-14 at 04:58.
    Former Vickers Shooting Method REI
    914 Consulting LLC

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    This should be a great follow up to your handgun class on Saturday. I'm bringing my son to this class too. When I brought him to your shotgun class, he outshot the whole class (including Dad) in the drills at the end. Here's a chance for him to embarrass me with an AR. He was invited to shoot clays with some friends at his law school. He was glad to have your shotgun class behind him. He was very comfortable with the gun and shot well. I expect he'll leave the carbine class with the same level of skill and comfort. For me it's all about knowing he's comfortable and safe (me too, of course). Thanks for the advice on slings, optics, and such. Not only does your advice go right along with the reviews, but they make it clear that your experience and advice have saved me a lot of money and aggravation.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Wish I could make these classes this weekend. But I will hopefully be able to attend in August. If you are contemplating signing up, don't hesitate. You won't be disappointed.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Thanks for the kind words guys. I try to make the best of the time we have available in these classes.
    Former Vickers Shooting Method REI
    914 Consulting LLC