Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: range bag?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

range bag?

I have decided that I'm tried of carrying my guns in an old backpack or a plastic bag, So now I'm on the hunt for a good range bag. I have looked at a few of them. If anyone has any experience with them. I would like to know which one I get the most life out of it?
    5.11 Range Ready Bag
    TAC FORCE Range Bag
    Eagle large Range Bag
    TAG range bag
    If anyone know range bags better then the ones I'm looking at let me know. thanks

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    The I-Shot bags are pretty nice.

If you're on a budget, look at some of the nylon/canvas tool bags at Lowe's or Home Depot type stores. I picked up a nice Husky tool bag that's pretty heavy duty, and it even came with a second bag that's made a great brass-and-mags bag on the range. And I think it was under $20 for the pair right after Christmas (sale).
    --Josh H.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    For handguns, I use this from ctd. It's awesome.

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/BAG141-3047-1078.html

Feedback Score

Lightbulb

Take a look at the Shooter's Connection, Tournament Range bag. The Cadillac of range bags.
    Cold Zero

ToddG Guest
    The perfect range bag is a lot like the perfect holster ... you'll spend lots of time and money chasing after it.

My next bag will probably be an Eagle, though I'm looking at their patrolman's bag since I like lots of external pockets on my range bag. I just need to convince Checkbook Six that I really need a 27th range bag.

I'd definitely second the recommendation for i-Shot. Their stuff is essentially 85% as good as the really expensive bags and less than half the price. I've used i-Shot bags on and off for years.

The best range bag I ever owned was the Worldgear Shooter's Bag. Sadly, I was the only one who liked it and the company went out of business years ago. It was big, had heavy material that provided (nearly) watertight interior protection, it would (reportedly) float even with something like 10# of gear in it, and it was modular long before the phrase came into vogue. A zip-off top carried tools, cleaning supplies, or other various items. The front had a zip-off pistol rug that was also watertight, floatable, and big enough to carry two N-frames with a velcro'd protective separator in between. Mine lasted about two years through coast to coast travel for training and competition. And it came in colors other than black!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Any old soft sided bag with side pockets will do.

Spend the least possible to get function and spend the rest on ammo to train with. You definitely do not need to put the amount of effort and money into choosing one that you do on a holster.

Feedback Score
    Last year I bought the Midway USA range bag.........been using it ever since.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    WalMart has good range bags for around 20 bucks.

Feedback Score
    I've used the snot out of my i-shot bag since '03 or '04.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    well ok so I'm going to get an I-shot bag. thanks for all the info.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast