Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ruger Launches a New Series in the American Line

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Ruger Launches a New Series in the American Line

http://ruger.com/products/americanRi...or/models.html

Note the threaded muzzle and the section of Picatinny rail atop the receiver. I'm particularly pleased to see the 1x8 twist on the .223 Remington.

I played with an American in 30-06 a few years ago. While I generally have a hard time getting too excited about a rather pedestrian hunting rifle, the gun shot surprisingly well. I think the platform really shows some serious potential.
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    At street prices this should be a good value and sell well in the entry level rifle market. If I did not have bolt guns in several calibers I might buy one.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Personally I'm hoping Ruger puts a 300BLK in this line. They don't have anything available that I'm aware of in that caliber. They're making pistols with threaded barrels so it would only make sense they'd eventually do something in a bolt gun.

Maybe eventually we'll see a factory piston AR SBR or a pistol that can be Form 1'ed.

Sent from my Torque using Tapatalk
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Personally I'm hoping Ruger puts a 300BLK in this line. They don't have anything available that I'm aware of in that caliber. They're making pistols with threaded barrels so it would only make sense they'd eventually do something in a bolt gun.

Maybe eventually we'll see a factory piston AR SBR or a pistol that can be

300 Blk would be a great addition and a hog hammer for sure.

I find myself intrigued by the 6.5 Creedmore since I don't have one.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Quick Draw View Post

I find myself intrigued by the 6.5 Creedmore since I don't have one.
    Me, too. But I think I'd rather have something that took an AI magazine.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    I just wish the retards would bring back some of, 96-22m for one, the items they have cut back into production.

Feedback Score
    Gunblast.com just did a video on this gun in .223. He even shot it with a can in the video. Nice looking rifle. Very tempting.

Gary
    Will Fly for Food... and more Ammo

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be the name of a convenience store, not a government agency.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I've got one on the way. Will have to get some 1" rings for my Redfield scope since I'm afraid my ADM QD mount will put the scope too high for best use.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    So here it is. I haven't shot it yet but I've got it ready to go. I just wish I had a better selection of target 223 ammo on hand.

Last edited by Tokarev; 05-20-14 at 22:30.

Feedback Score
    Thanks Tokarev. It looks bad to the bone with the can. Hope you can give us a range report soon.

If you shoot any hand loads have about giving us the load data including C.O.L. I know my bolts guns all have their own personality concerning seating depth.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast