Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Ruger Launches a New Series in the American Line

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    The 80 grain match kings are great. I hope sierra releases the new 77 tipped match king that black hills is loading. It has a .420 bc which is the same as the 80 mk. The 75 grain a max is also another great lr 224 bullet.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I've loaded up just a handful of the 80's with 8208 powder. Sierra's data sets the OAL at 2.55" but the cartridge won't chamber this long. I seated them to 2.44" which allows the bolt to close easily.

Sent from my Torque using Tapatalk
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    I wish they'd make a .357 magnum Mini-14 that used thirty round magazines, too.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by M67A2 Zippo Tank View Post
    I wish they'd make a .357 magnum Mini-14 that used thirty round magazines, too.
    Pistol caliber carbines never seem to do very well in the marketplace. Also, I can't imagine how they'd ever get 30 rounds of rimmed .357 Magnum to stack in a magazine.

Sent from my Torque using Tapatalk
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    I'd like to see the 223 version chambered in 5.56. Then a guy could afford to practice with mil spec ammo.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    I order one in .223 today. Has anyone had anything negative to say about the rifles? I found one video talking about forend flex. They said the newer ones have a steel bar in the forend to help stiffen it up. Not sure if that is true or not.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Well, for those wishing for a .300 BLK or a 5.56 version, Ruger announced today the Ruger American Rifle Ranch with a 16.1" threaded barrel, FDE stock and comes in 5.56 and 300BLK

I can't tell from what ruger released if it is the heavier profile barrel of the Predator, or the standard Ruger American rifle barrel. Retail is $489
    http://www.ruger.com/products/americ...ch/models.html
    Last edited by Hadoken; 09-15-14 at 12:12.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I happened to see the new 300BLK Ranch Rifle last week. The gun should be a hit. 1x7 twist, detachable box magazine, 5/8-24 threaded 16" barrel. Retail of $489 is right there with the rest of the Americans so actual store price should be quite a bit lower.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Could you tell if the barrel was the heavier profile as found on the Predator version or just the standard barrel? I think there is only 0.1" of difference at the muzzle so so its probably hard to tell without actually measuring.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hadoken View Post
    Could you tell if the barrel was the heavier profile as found on the Predator version or just the standard barrel? I think there is only 0.1" of difference at the muzzle so so its probably hard to tell without actually measuring.
    Just off the top of my head I'm going to say the barrel is the same profile as that of the Predator but at a reduced length.

Frankly, I assume the Ranch in .223 will easily outsell the 22" Predator. I don't think anyone who's looking for a bolt gun to suppress and/or run a flash hider on is looking for a 22" pipe.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast