Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Which to buy - RobArms XCR's, MSAR STG 556, Piston AR15, Sig 556

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by David Thomas View Post
    I assume by the use of the word "another" that you have one or more AR15 rifles(s).
    He didn't say that he had an AR, he said that he had a 5.56mm rifle.

I would be careful with the SLR-106 series rifles.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thekatar View Post
    He didn't say that he had an AR, he said that he had a 5.56mm rifle. .
    Very true. Just an assumption on my part since the post was in the AR section and not "other assualt rifles" section/forum. Maybe the OP will provide more info.

I thought the problems that Arsenal was having with the 106 had been identified and resolved. Still having issues?

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    I thought the problems that Arsenal was having with the 106 had been identified and resolved. Still having issues?
    Yep...

Feedback Score
    what about the ak-103.com? Is he a reputable AK builder? That website is rarely updated.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rubiconjp View Post
    what about the ak-103.com? Is he a reputable AK builder? That website is rarely updated.
    He is probably the most reputable AK builder out there - his name is Chris Butler and he is AKUSA. No, his website never gets updated and yes he is expensive but does his work in a relatively timely fashion and it is almost always perfect.

Unsure if he stocks rifles - I would suggest calling him. He has told me in the past that he discontinued his own .223 AK-101 Saiga conversions due to reliability issues, FWIW...

Feedback Score
    I assume by the use of the word "another" that you have one or more AR15 rifles(s).

An often overlooked option for the 5.56x45:
    106CR or 106FR
    http://www.arsenalinc.com/slr106cr.htm

or

AK101 or AK102
    http://www.ak-103.com/rifles.html

also see this thread for my opinion re: SIG 556
    https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=11981
    I have a 10.5 LMT AR15 and am looking for something else

I also would consider something with a 9 inch lower rail to put my LMT Railed M203.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ERT Trauma View Post

I also would consider something with a 9 inch lower rail to put my LMT Railed M203.
    i want 40 mike mike action so bad

even with just Tang rounds it would be fun.

but HEDP gold BBs would be even more fun

oh well

[/jealousy]

those rail mount M203s look pretty cool too.

a N4 Recce can be equipped with a 9.0 rail. that would make a good combo. no M203 notch and you still get to have your M203.

the only version it wouldn't work for is the VIS build.

Feedback Score
    I've had an XCR for a couple of years now.* It is my main duty rifle and I wouldn't trade it for anything else on the market.*

The reasons I like it are:All of the controls are laid out where I want them.*

I find the gun much more ergonomic than the AR which is pretty darn good in its own right.I like a folding stock and find the stock LOP ideal for me.* You can also custom order your LOP on the folder if you want.

AK operating system.* I like big steel pieces.* I like the big locking lugs, bigger extractor, etc.

I really like the adjustable gas system.* I run it on #1 for softest shooting and dial it up as it gets dirty.

Easily disassembled by the end user.* With nothing but hand tools and an allen wrench set I can completely disassemble the gun.

Eats anything from any mag that will lift a round.* I have seen the gun take mags from AR's that stopped them and work just fine.* I have fed it some rusty wolf and it fed and ejected them.* I have shot it in rain, snow, sand, and everything MO weather can throw at it with no problems.

Price--Compare an AR monolithic upper with rails and the upper usually costs as much as the XCR.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)

He is probably the most reputable AK builder out there - his name is Chris Butler and he is AKUSA...
    ...He has told me in the past that he discontinued his own .223 AK-101 Saiga conversions due to reliability issues, FWIW...
    I guess that may be why it is an overlooked option. I came really close to buying one prior to buying my 107CR and hadn't ruled it out as an option. Thanks for the heads up.

Feedback Score
    I am with Jeremy on this

I'd get the XCR. It can shoot 5.56 as well as those other guns but brings much more to the table.

QD barrel? Check

Monolithic rail system? Check

Free Float? Check

Multi caliber? Check - Want more punch, you got 6.8. Want cheap, there is 7.62x39. Want a 1000 yard gun, there is 6.5. All possible in under 2 minutes

The Masada isnt out, and wont be out till who the hell knows when.
    Kein Mitleid Für Die Mehrheit
    What Happened to the American dream? It came true. You're looking at it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast