Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Where did you guys put your engraving?

Feedback Score

Where did you guys put your engraving?

So I'm about to have another lower receiver "just lying around" (starting before my other rifle's even finished yet ), and I got to thinking, where should I get the engraving? Then I got to thinking, wherecan I put the engraving?

The first idea I had is the front of the mag well. It's there, it's still visible, and it's not going to clutter up the right side of the receiver where I'm going to get engraved. Then I got a little creative; is the inside lip of the mag well (the flared part) doable? The inside of the trigger guard ( )? Is the only real limitation where the laser can get to and it still be visible?

-B

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I put my stamp in my gun safe. I've seen the engraving on the front and side of the magwell, and on the right side of the receiver above the selector swicth hole.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by demigod View Post
    I put my stamp in my gun safe.
    Good catch. I'll edit appropriately.

-B

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Anywhere that's permanent on the receiver is probably fine. I saw a nice job on the front of the magwell. The letters were blacked out. It looked nice... low key.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    I prefer mine on the right side of the lower receiver. I don't think it looks cluttered up?

Semper Fi

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by demigod View Post
    Anywhere that's permanent on the receiver is probably fine. I saw a nice job on the front of the magwell. The letters were blacked out. It looked nice... low key.
    Yeah, that's what I was thinking of. Something I didn't have to see and that wouldn't get in the way of customized engravings.

USMC, thanks for the pic.

-B

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Mine is engraved on the front of the magwell. Very low key. I like it.

I can't take pictures for crap, or I'd post one.

-RD62

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    http://m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=6274

Done like USMC's.

You'll forget its there.
    "Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." - Carl Sagan

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BAC View Post
    Yeah, that's what I was thinking of. Something I didn't have to see and that wouldn't get in the way of customized engravings.
    Ah! I see what you're saying now. When you mentioned engravings/stamps originally, I was confused as to what you were getting at.... Custom logos/images.

Feedback Score
    Yup. Got a family crest I'd like to put on mine. Probably should've clarified that.

-B

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast