Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 16" vs 18" - accurate upper build advice?

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I know I'm biased slightly by seeing the 'in stock' email, but it's seriously difficult to go wrong with something like the BCM KMR Recce 16" Unit.

Otherwise, most any high end 16" SS barrel (match barrels are heavy enough that the smoothness of middy vs. intermediate is almost negligible, throw a can on it and the middy is still hilariously smooth), I'd definitely stick with the MUR-1A//KMR 13" rail as the rest of the template, because that is conclusively the most awesome way to go.

There IS an argument to look at MSTN for a build - the 16" Recce Custom Contour barrels (which are available in intermediate, which is still a minor plus) are basically a great combination with the tapered thinner contour, coupled with the KMR giving Mk12 type accuracy in a weight close to a generic 16" carbine. Again, the build would still be MUR/KMR.

I have two basically identical uppers (a Centurion 18" and HCS 16") - guess which one of those gets the most use. A simple 16" with good glass, good trigger, and mostly good ammunition is remarkably awesome, my SPR is basically hard for me to justify bringing out.
    عندما تصبح الأسلحة محظورة, قد يملكون حظرون عندهم فقط
    کله چی سلاح منع شوی دی، یوازي غلوونکۍ یی به درلود
    Semper Fi
    "Being able to do the basics, on demand, takes practice. " - Sinister

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TehLlama View Post
    , my SPR is basically hard for me to justify bringing out.

Exactly what I was looking for. Thank you for the confirmation.

Feedback Score
    I called Jane at WOA and asked her about the gas block on my 18" varmint upper and she got one and measured it and it is exactly 1 inch less than the rifle length. She said that John has been making them that way for a long time. They will also build them to your specifications. Other barrel makers like to do it in other ways.

http://www.whiteoakprecision.com/info-about.htm
    Last edited by gt40; 05-20-14 at 15:37.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12