Thread: Question About my "New" Kobra Optic Battery

Feedback Score
    27 (97%)

Question About my "New" Kobra Optic Battery

I apologize for this stupid question, but ...

I picked up this older model Kobra optic, in mint condition, frankly LNIB, for a very good price from a M4 member, and simply wanted to know what any of you guys would advise regarding batteries

I got it basically for the fun of it, thought my Arsenal SAM7SF would look kind of cool with it and the variable reticule setttings appealed to me.

It takes a Lithium coin battery,

A CR2325 to be specific.

I can find this precise battery in Russia from Kalinka but would it work just fine with *any* CR2325 I could get from an American dealer?

Here's a pic

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I always got the impression that, yes you could use a US made CR2325. Several years back, when Kobras were more popular with the AK guys I don't recall anyone complaining about battery compatibility issues.
    I myself bought a CR2325 powered EKP-8 back in I think 2007, however the on/off switch broke before I ever got a chance to really use it. It's still kicking around the second floor of my apartment somewhere, totally unusable. The fragile on/off switch is something to be mindful of with these things as that really does seem to be a frequently reported problem.