Thread: possible to mill off the fence on the right side of the lower for slabside clone ?

Feedback Score

possible to mill off the fence on the right side of the lower for slabside clone ?

is it possible just to mill off the fence on the right side of the lower to make a new lower look like a retro slabside, I know you will loose the channel for the spring and detent for the front pin, but once removed will the channel be smooth or is the spring detent recessed in the side

I know Nodak was making these a while back, and I want to nickel it when I'm finished anyways, just wondered if anyone has tried this and the results, worst case I'm only out the price of a cheep lower and it should still be useable just will look ugly if I mess up

thoughts
    Last edited by Rentprop1; 05-26-14 at 10:24. Reason: figured out what it was called

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Yep you can do it...
    Check out this link from Weapons Guild...

http://www.weaponsguild.com/forum/in...?topic=48608.0

This guy did a good job on his...

It's on my to do list for a AR build

Feedback Score
    thanks a lot, I always forget there is an AR section over there

I found out that its actually pretty easy, but I think I'm gonna just use an 80 % , since I have access to the mill and this was I can eliminate any of the manuf markings on the left side