Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: S&W M&P Shield followed me home today

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Are you sure about the mag release button being metal? I fondled it again and it sure feels like plastic. I'm talking about the button.
    Last edited by ColdDeadHands; 05-28-14 at 16:26.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ColdDeadHands View Post
    2. Will the .156 rear and .125 front sight be a good combo with this short gun?
    I've been happy with the .156" rear notch and .125" wide, .160" high front sight from 10-8.

They make a specific Shield rear and the front is common to both M&P and Shield. I put a tritium front on mine, and my wife got the red fiber front on hers to match her full size M&P9 setup.

The only thing to note with 10-8 sights is that they purposely make them oversized to account for the variance in sight slot tolerances with the M&P line, and they require a diamond file to size them to fit. I had to take mine and my wife's to an actual smith rather than my favorite armorer/M4C Mod, since he didn't have anything in the toolbox that could file the sight to fit...so be prepared to budget for some smith work along with the sights if needed. I still think they're the way to go though.
    I have far more guns than I realistically need, but far less than I want. - NongShim

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BaronFitz View Post
    I've been happy with the .156" rear notch and .125" wide, .160" high front sight from 10-8.

They make a specific Shield rear and the front is common to both M&P and Shield. I put a tritium front on mine, and my wife got the red fiber front on hers to match her full size M&P9 setup.

The only thing to note with 10-8 sights is that they purposely make them oversized to account for the variance in sight slot tolerances with the M&P line, and they require a diamond file to size them to fit. I had to take mine and my wife's to an actual smith rather than my favorite armorer/M4C Mod, since he didn't have anything in the toolbox that could file the sight to fit...so be prepared to budget for some smith work along with the sights if needed. I still think they're the way to go though.
    Thanks for the info, for the last 10-8 sights I fitted I just used a regular file. Do you think this one would work ? May be worth a try...
    Last edited by ColdDeadHands; 05-29-14 at 08:10.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Luckily my Shield has been perfect out of the box (trigger seems 5lbs crisp), might stipple similar to yours in the future. Enjoy it in health.
    P144:1

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    I put my hands on a Shield over the weekend and found the trigger to be even better than my new M&P 40 (which has a very good though heavy trigger). Based on how it felt to me I could keep it without APEX. Give us a range report-hurry.
    NRA Life Member and Certified Instructor
    Glock Certified Armorer
    Admitted New York State Bar 1994

Feedback Score
    Just passed the 300 round mark with my Shield, and the trigger does seem to be getting worked out quite well. I never really noticed the "gritty" trigger most folks speak of. Guess i have a newer production one, but I can shoot this thing better than my $1200 HK.

This is quite an accurate piece for me, and I'm just an average (or slightly below) shot with pistols. This thing goes right where I want it on the paper, and the groupings at 5 yards can be covered by a quarter if I do my part.

The recoil seems non-existent, and the sights are pretty good.

I honestly can't say anything bad about this gun at all. I love it.
    "If you aren't part of the solution, you're part of the problem."

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    I received my F3 Holsters Falcon today - very nice Holster and super fast delivery. Thanks Chris!

I still didn't get to shoot it but will update here when I do.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Here is my Shield in the DeSantis Mini Scabbard

Backside of 2 DeSantis holsters, KAHR P380 on left and Shield on right

My Shield is an early model and has smoothed up nicely shooting it. Probably 250-300 rounds through it.
    I thought about adding APEX parts like my 2 M&P9's but just don't see the need. The USB might happen..
    POW-MIA, #22untilnone
    Let Us #NeverForget!

If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

The last thing I want to do is hurt you,
    but it's still on my list.

Feedback Score
    I was able to try a 40 Shield and a 45acp XD single stack at the range. By far the S@W was the nicest to shoot, easy to shoot as well as accurate and soft shooting. I own 2 XD sc in 9 and 40 and a Kahr p9[?] as comparison. If I were a chase the latest pistol type ,the Shield would be the one.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12