Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Form 4, dealer submitted wrong suppressor length

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 99HMC4 View Post
    Um yeah. This is wrong. I've actually had ATF ask me to verify inconsistencies in this issue. This was the first time I literally yelled at the NFA branch...
    Um no.

If the F4 matches the F3, there is no inconsistency. If they called a FFL everytime a F4 matched an F3 to verify, nothing would get done.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    Um no.

If the F4 matches the F3, there is no inconsistency. If they called a FFL everytime a F4 matched an F3 to verify, nothing would get done.
    Dude, I literally had a F3 approved to me with what the manufacturer if that said weapon had on their F2. My customers F4 was kicked back due to "information variances". I called talked with the examiner and told her I have an approved F3 (by you guys AT ATF no less) and I copied that info word for word exactly as it appeared on my approved F3. I asked her why they kicked it back when all MY info on THEIR forms was approved. Her honest answer was "I don't know, our system shows different than is on your (the form they approved ) F3." She was was very nice and asked me to confirm the info with the firearm in front of me. ATF then used MY corrected info to update their data base on this firearm. My customers F4 was then expedited and we got it approved that week. DONT tell me "um, no"!!!!!!
    FFL/SOT

Chuck Norris has to maintain a concealed weapon license in all 50 states in order to legally wear pants.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    The two week correction process is negligible compared to the current wait - if anything it can be that good old 2-week indicator that things are about to be wrapped up.
    عندما تصبح الأسلحة محظورة, قد يملكون حظرون عندهم فقط
    کله چی سلاح منع شوی دی، یوازي غلوونکۍ یی به درلود
    Semper Fi
    "Being able to do the basics, on demand, takes practice. " - Sinister

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Is it confusion of OAL vs Added length?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 99HMC4 View Post
    Dude, I literally had a F3 approved to me with what the manufacturer if that said weapon had on their F2. My customers F4 was kicked back due to "information variances". I called talked with the examiner and told her I have an approved F3 (by you guys AT ATF no less) and I copied that info word for word exactly as it appeared on my approved F3. I asked her why they kicked it back when all MY info on THEIR forms was approved. Her honest answer was "I don't know, our system shows different than is on your (the form they approved ) F3." She was was very nice and asked me to confirm the info with the firearm in front of me. ATF then used MY corrected info to update their data base on this firearm. My customers F4 was then expedited and we got it approved that week. DONT tell me "um, no"!!!!!!
    Your sample size of one form incorrectly kicked back is statistically meaningless. They are human, they make mistakes. By your own admission there was nothing wrong. So kicking it back was an error, not normal procedure. If you have been a FFL for any length of time, you know this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12