Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Duty ammo for my carbine

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1730 View Post
    Brainfart on my part. You are correct. Do you happen to know of a link on how it does against soft body armor? A consistent drill I do on my own is a failure drill and am confident out to 25 yards with that drill. With the watch I work, an active school shooter scenario is a real possibility.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I437 using Tapatalk
    I don't have a link for Win PPT performance against body armor.

When training to respond to an active shooter incident, practice at least out to 100 yards. A few of the schools I surveyed have hallways longer than 100 yards. If you drive the shooter outside the building, it may require taking a long shot as well.
    Last edited by T2C; 06-04-14 at 22:58.
    Train 2 Win

Feedback Score
    T2C thank you for your diligence and valuable time for that work. I saw on YouTube a gel test of the ppt, the gentleman from TN did and it's ugly what it does when it enters the simulant.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by T2C View Post
    I don't have a link for Win PPT performance against body armor.

When training to respond to an active shooter incident, practice at least out to 100 yards. A few of the schools I surveyed have hallways longer than 100 yards.
    Our older high schools absolutely. A few of the grammar schools, yes. The rest of them not so much. Unfortunately, only one indoor range is 75 yds. Our dept ranges are 25 yds. I will be going to an outdoor range in two weeks where I can really test the 100yd zero. If I like the place I will have to join.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Anything .223 will blow clean through any soft armor, unless it hits a hard barrier first and makes contact as fragments instead of a full speed solid projectile.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Re: the Win PPT round, are you speaking of either the RA223 or RA556 round? Both of those are/were on Doc GKR's short list.

If you're not speaking of those rounds, which one in particular?

Personally I'd rather take a 62 (or 64gr) round over 55gr for most situations. If nothing else, most optics with BDC's are calibrated to SS109.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Caduceus View Post
    Re: the Win PPT round, are you speaking of either the RA223 or RA556 round? Both of those are/were on Doc GKR's short list.

If you're not speaking of those rounds, which one in particular?

Personally I'd rather take a 62 (or 64gr) round over 55gr for most situations. If nothing else, most optics with BDC's are calibrated to SS109.
    RA223. As for your other thoughts, it's what the MAN says so, while I am a bit of a rebel, I do follow orders. Thank you for your input.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1730 View Post
    RA223. As for your other thoughts, it's what the MAN says so, while I am a bit of a rebel, I do follow orders. Thank you for your input.

The RA223 is probably your best choice then. I believe SG Ammo tends to sell 200 round packages for around $180.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Caduceus View Post
    The RA223 is probably your best choice then. I believe SG Ammo tends to sell 200 round packages for around $180.
    But as I thought of it I have both my buis and optic zeroed at a hundred yds and used xm193. So I may be SOL. Unless POI for the ppt is within a quarter of inch difference at a hundred.

Feedback Score
    223 nosler defense?

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by roadtoad View Post
    223 nosler defense?
    If it's the 64gr bonded, yes.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk
    "That thing looks about as enjoyable as a bowl of exploding dicks." - Magic_Salad0892

"The body cannot go where the mind has not already been."

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast