Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Aimpoint T2

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    While I agree that running steel thread inserts would be ideal, generous threadlocker use and using their torx wrench (and stopping when the wings flex a bit) they hold fine, but that's a price/weight tradeoff I think Aimpoint was on the right side of.

I'm still too happy with my menagerie of T1's and H1's, and would still argue that the H1 is the better value argument.
    عندما تصبح الأسلحة محظورة, قد يملكون حظرون عندهم فقط
    کله چی سلاح منع شوی دی، یوازي غلوونکۍ یی به درلود
    Semper Fi
    "Being able to do the basics, on demand, takes practice. " - Sinister

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I am ok with a secondary market/retailer glut of T and H-1's; and the even more rugged stats are slightly amusing to me. The one improvement that I actually welcome would be improved lenses, the blue-ish tint does bother me in some conditions; so I am eager to see how that has been addressed.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Damn. Looks good.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Looks unnecessarily bulkier. I was hoping they would make an even smaller optic (for pistols), not a slightly larger one.

Well hopefully it will drive T-1 prices down.
    Dogma is failure - Ken Hackathorn

Only performance counts - Paul Sharp

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BTL BRN View Post
    I am ok with a secondary market/retailer glut of T and H-1's; and the even more rugged stats are slightly amusing to me. The one improvement that I actually welcome would be improved lenses, the blue-ish tint does bother me in some conditions; so I am eager to see how that has been addressed.
    The one improvement I look for is for Aimpoint to finally make a micro that does not require batteries. I made the decision several weeks ago to get rid of my Aimpont micros and get one or more ACOG's as funds allow. As to your secondary market: all but one of my "used but minty" Aimpoints sold within three weeks, so the market is already there. I expect the fourth to be sold within days.

Feedback Score
    27 (97%)
    "Greater clarity" .... ok, that is interesting.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ptmccain View Post
    Actually, I have to admit I noticed a slight clarity issue with one of my T1's--nothing major--but noticeable. One of my T1's had something like a "cataract" on the objective lense, probably from one of the coatings. It had acceptable clarity when looking through the lense, but every once in a while looking "at" the lense from the front you could see some cloudiness if the light was just right. My other T1 didn't have this.

Again, I'm not saying it's a big thing or that the majority of people would even notice, but apparently the folks at Aimpoint felt they could do better.
    Last edited by Doc Safari; 06-02-14 at 17:47.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ptmccain View Post
    Probably found a way to keep the nv compatibility and lose the greenish tint. Aimpoint PRO's don't have that tint and is noticeably clearer than the T1. T2 will be a hot seller!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I'm in the market for a T1 and now I'm keeping an eye on prices.
    anxious to see how this shakes out.

Feedback Score
    66 (100%)
    I wonder if the rear cap will be similar to the PRO models (with the see-through center).
    "To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms..."
    - Richard Henry Lee, 1788

Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast