Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Century Arms AK Sporter

Feedback Score
    There are plenty of people on this forum who could tell you the same

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
    ”Congress have no power to disarm the militia. Their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birthright of an American… The unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state government, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people”
    ~Tench Coxe

Feedback Score
    I also had a century arms cetme poorly made had trouble going into battery, probably out of spec didn't care sold it. I'll never buy a century arms again

Last edited by Phillygunguy; 06-06-14 at 14:00.
    ”Congress have no power to disarm the militia. Their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birthright of an American… The unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state government, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people”
    ~Tench Coxe

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Century Arms is well known for its very very poor quality control. I would personally pass on anything made by Century.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    There are good reviews out there on this. Atlantic Firearms says that they have sold MANY, and say that they have had good experience with them. They also state that QC has very good for the past several years on CAI guns.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Solid block of Steel.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Marley View Post
    Reading about AK's lately and saw the CA Sporter. Anyone here own one? Can you comment on what you like about it...or dislike?

The receiver is a machined block of solid aluminum. Seems nice. Made in the USA.....

I watched some YT video on it. Guy put it through a 1000 round "torture" test and I think the hand guard and or rail failed due to heat. No malfunctions from what I can remember. Seems like a nice rifle for the price.
    My brother saw Deliverance and bought a Bow. I saw Deliverance and bought an AR-15.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by m4brian View Post
    There are good reviews out there on this. Atlantic Firearms says that they have sold MANY, and say that they have had good experience with them. They also state that QC has very good for the past several years on CAI guns.
    There in the business to sell firearms there going to say they have good reviews.

~Tench Coxe

Feedback Score
    115 (100%)
    My experience with anything century has been poor at best.

Pick up an arsenal. Some say an AK is an AK, but quality is where it's at...... after all, we know not ALL AR's are made equally.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RMiller View Post
    My experience with anything century has been poor at best.

Pick up an arsenal. Some say an AK is an AK, but quality is where it's at...... after all, we know not ALL AR's are made equally.
    Arsenals are just converted Saigas. Buy a Saiga and a conversion kit from Carolina Shooters Supply and save yourself a couple hundred bucks.

essayons
    "Speak softly, and carry a big stick." -Theodore "Teddy" Roosevelt, 26th US President
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet." -Gen. James Mattis, USMC (Ret.)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillygunguy View Post
    I also had a century arms cetme poorly made had trouble going into battery, probably out of spec didn't care sold it. I'll never buy a century arms again

Century FAILS at assembly of HK style rollerblocks. DO NOT purchase their pitiful attempts at these weapons.

That said...I've owned a CA WASR and Golani...both were crude, but reliable. Some minor work and they were fine guns. Definitely needed new finishes...

Some of my buddies have owned CA AK variants and FALs...all have been fine shooters.

In most cases, handle or shoot a CA rifle before purchase as the quality can be sketchy.

essayons
    Last edited by soldier_twiggy; 06-08-14 at 02:29.
    "Speak softly, and carry a big stick." -Theodore "Teddy" Roosevelt, 26th US President
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet." -Gen. James Mattis, USMC (Ret.)

Feedback Score
    115 (100%)
    Not even close.

SGL series are, but they're properly converted.

However the more popular SLR series are factory Bulgarian rifles and FAR superior to a US made AK. Also a factory rifle with a folding polymer stock is well worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by soldier_twiggy View Post
    Arsenals are just converted Saigas. Buy a Saiga and a conversion kit from Carolina Shooters Supply and save yourself a couple hundred bucks.

essayons

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast